This recipe is sponsored by Bob Evans. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.
These Apple and Dulce de Leche Puffs are buttery, flaky and totally indulgent!! The fact that they’re so easy to prepare makes them the perfect autumn treat.
One thing that I adore about this time of year is that it’s apple season! I also adore the weather, the nature colors, all the holidays prep…anyway! I adore all things autumn. During this time apples and pumpkin are the stars of my kitchen, just as in most kitchens of this country, so I decided that this is the best moment to share this amazing and super easy recipe.
Meet my Apple and Dulce de Leche Puffs!
In my opinion, apples and dulce de leche is a combination made in heaven. They go so well with each other. The dulce de leche sweetness plus the tart of the apple…simply delicious!
While it is true that at this time we can find apples everywhere, this may not always be the case. This is when Bob Evans Glazed Apples are extremely convenient. You can use them as a side dish or as an ingredient in many recipes.
I’m not exaggerating when I say these Apple and Dulce de Leche Puffs disappeared in no time. They bake up beautifully with lots of flaky, delicious layers. The flavor combination is out of this world. And the best part is that these apple puffs are a cinch to put together with the help of frozen puff pastry, dulce de leche, and Bob Evans Glazed Apples.
These Apple and Dulce de Leche Puffs are definitely going to be on my table for the holidays… and I hope they will be on yours too!
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet thawed
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1 cup Bob Evans Glazed Apple
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar optional
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly/jam optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet and roll to 9x12 inch rectangle. Cut twelve 3-inch squares.
- Spread each square with 1 teaspoon of dulce de leche. Place a Bob Evans glazed apple wedge diagonally on each. Fold 2 opposite corners to the center over the filling and press to seal. Place the filled pastries onto baking sheet. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and puff.
- Warm the apple jelly in microwave for 30 – 40 sec. While the pastry is still warm, brush them with the liquid apple jelly, if desired. Cool on a wire rack.
Thanks to our friends at Bob Evans Farm one lucky Mommyhood’s Diary reader will win a $50 gift card.
To enter just follow the prompts in the automated entry form below.