This Apple Crumble with Oats and Almonds recipe has almond flour and that different ingredient gives it a unique and amazing taste. Ready in about 30 min.
I want to apology since I’ve been a little absent lately. I’ve had some health problems which have kept me away from the kitchen. Thank God everything is under control and I hope that with the treatment I can go back to my routine little by little.
Today, trying to do so, I woke up and realized I had some apples I needed to use before they went bad. My kids love apple but since they are still little they have a hard time swallowing them.
So, this time I decided to make an Apple Crumble with Oats and Almond Flour.
Easy for them to eat and delicious.
I know the name sounds complicated and hard to make, but believe it or not, it takes less than 30 minutes. Quick recipes are a must for me since my kids are starting to get in that stage where they play and fight at the same time. And as a worrisome person, I tent to run out of the kitchen as soon as I hear a scream. Of course, when I get to them I see they are laughing non-stop.
This Apple Crumble with Oats and Almonds recipe has a little bit of almond flour and that different ingredient gives it a unique and amazing taste. Also, as you already know my little princess is allergic to egg and this recipe is perfect. It is egg free that way she can also enjoy a delicious dessert with the rest of us.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray with butter a 9x9 ovenproof dish.
- Place apple, cinnamon, and syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until apple is just tender; stirring frequently.
- Carefully spoon mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish.
- Make topping: Combine oats, flour, and sugar in a bowl. Using fingertips, rub butter into oat mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over apples. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!