This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
Black Tea Cinnamon Bread – Tea lovers alert…this delicious, moist, totally irresistible bread is for you!! No eggs and less than 200 calories per slice.
Is there anything better than a warm piece of sweet bread on a cold winter day?
I think that would be a warm piece of sweet bread + a cup of hot tea or coffee!
In case you weren’t well aware of it already, I love making sweet recipes. But since the New Year started I have been kind of avoiding them. You know, for this whole thing of resolutions and promises to eat healthier and make better choices. Well, I couldn’t resist any more. Seriously. I need some sweet in my life.
I truly believe that we don’t have to cut out the foods we love to eat healthier; we just have to make some smart substitutions. So, I tweaked this recipe a bit and used Truvia® Baking Blend, which is a blend of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and sugar with 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar. To give a unique twist, to this already delicious bread, I added Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Black Tea. Uh.May.Zing. It’s like a cup of tea in a slice.
This bread is so good. It’s just moist and sweet. And the best part of it all is that it’s easy to make. The smell in the house while baking is divine. It’s really amazing guys. The taste… And the color… And the…EVERYTHING! Even my husband, a very non-friend-of-sugar-substitutes was amazed at the taste.
If you are a tea lover, this bread is just for you! If you are not a tea lover, this bread is for you too. Conclusion: This bread will please everyone…
- 1 cup milk I used 1%
- 3 tea bags Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Black Tea see notes
- 1 3/4 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup Truvia® Baking Blend see notes
- 1 ripe banana see notes
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats optional
- 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- On the stove or in the microwave heat the milk until near boiling. Cut open the tea bags and add the tea into the milk. Allow to cool. Strain through a sieve, discard solids, and reserve milk.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together, with an electric mixer, the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the banana and mix to incorporated. Beat in the oil and vanilla extract. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the tea brewed milk, mixing until batter is uniform and smooth. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with the rolled oats and Turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
I bought the ingredients for this recipe at my local Target, including Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend and Bigelow Black Tea.
If you would like to try Truvía® Natural Sweetener before purchasing, please request your free sample here! Or Save 10% on your purchase of any package of Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend or Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend with Target Cartwheel. If you are not signed up, visit cartwheel.target.com or download the Cartwheel mobile app to join and start saving today! And don’t forget to print $0.55 coupon for Bigelow tea.