This amazing and fresh Brussels Sprout Pasta Salad is the perfect option for a summer lunch or light dinner. The blue cheese and the glazed pecans give it a very special touch. Simply Delicious!!!
Summer is here! And we all want to simplify our lives, right? The last thing we want to do is to waste beautiful and sunny days indoors cooking complicated dishes. So for those days when you want to eat something delicious and quick, this Brussels Sprout Pasta Salad recipe is perfect.
At home, we are not fans of brussels sprouts, but I promise that you’re going to like the way I cooked them for this recipe. When I made this salad I was in a hurry, so I only combined a few ingredients I had in the fridge. To dress it I used Greek Tzatziki sauce – which I always have ready to eat in the fridge because it is delicious with everything – to replace the heavy mayo-based salads dressings.
This Brussels Sprout Pasta Salad is ideal for a picnic, as it is easy to pack and can be prepared ahead of time. If you want, you can add small pieces of chicken or shrimp.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups brussels sprout, chopped in half
- 4 cups short pasta of your choice cooked
- 1 cup red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts,
- 1 cup Tzatziki sauce
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to completely cover the sprouts with the oil mixture.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat cook the sprouts for 5 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
In a large bowl combine pasta, onion, cheese, nuts and yogurt sauce (tzatziki sauce). Add Brussels sprouts and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Find the Tzatziki Sauce recipe here.