Make these crispy and flaky Cheese and Prosciutto Phyllo Rolls with just 5 ingredients! Perfect for your next get together.
Although grilling season has come, it does not mean that I have to grill every simple meal, right? Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE grilled food, but since I live in an apartment, with no outdoor space for a grill, I do most of my grilling inside and some time is not that easy.
So, I am ignoring my outdoor grilling envy and today I’m going to share these delicious Cheese and Prosciutto Phyllo Rolls that will, without a doubt, be a crowd pleaser. After all, summer is definitely the best time of the year for gathering with family and friends, and these rolls are perfect for entertaining.
I love the crisp and flaky texture of phyllo dough! And despite, it’s fragile, fussy, and somehow difficult to work with it’s also very versatile.
Here are my some helpful tips for working with phyllo:
- Defrost phyllo in the fridge overnight, not on the counter.
- Don’t open the phyllo package until you have all the other ingredients prepared and you’re ready to start.
- Keep phyllo sheets covered with plastic wrap, or wax paper, and then a lightly damp clean kitchen towel. As you work with one sheet at a time, cover the remainder.
- Use a soft pastry brush to lightly coat the sheets with melted butter or oil. Start at the edges and work in toward the center.
I’m smitten with this recipe. Try different filling, like spinach and ricotta, goat cheese, mascarpone and fruit marmalade, etc… These phyllo meat rolls would make the perfect appetizer at your next party. Drizzle with honey at the end for extra yumminess.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
- 12 mozzarella sticks
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 6 sheets of puff pastry thawed, phyllo
- 4-6 tablespoons melted butter
- Honey optional but highly recommended
Preheat oven to 325 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Wrap mozzarella sticks with slices of prosciutto. Reserve.
Carefully place phyllo sheets on a flat surface. Cut the phyllo sheets in half lengthways. Brush the rectangles generously with butter; save some butter to brush the tops. Take a stick of mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and place it at one end of a phyllo rectangle and roll. Place in prepared baking sheet with the opening down. Repeat this procedure to make 12 phyllo rolls. Brush the rolls with the remaining butter.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
If desired, drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
You can use salami or ham instead of prosciutto.