This Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Beans Casserole recipe is delicious and easy to make! It makes a perfect weeknight meatless dinner!! Only 6 ingredients.
Even though, I’m latina I have never eaten an enchilada, much less used enchilada sauce. Having said that, I was greatly surprised how this recipe turned out.
I loved it. Actually, I almost (note I said “almost”) ate the whole thing myself.
It’s nothing fancy, but let me assure you — it’s tasty! It’s vegetarian (although you can add diced chicken if you’d like).
Oh, my…it hit the spot! It comes together in a single bowl with just 5 min prep and 6 ingredients. Doesn’t get any better than this!
This is just perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to offer your family something hot and delicious, but without slaving in the kitchen for hours.
I’m telling you I’ll be making this a lot!
Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Bean Casserole
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos, grated
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the enchilada sauce, beans, cooked rice, 1/2 cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack and 1/2 cup of corn in a large bowl. Mix well. Place the mixture in an 8x8 casserole. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and corn.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!