This Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers is just what the party or game day calls for. It’s cheesy, meaty, creamy, and extremely easy to make. This delicious dip is guaranteed to be a hit with your crowd.
It’s that time of year again! That’s right, it’s time to start planning our Super Bowl menus, if you haven’t started already.
While I’m not a die-hard football person, one thing that I adore about football season is the FOOD!! I don’t know about you, but I could eat snacks/appetizers all day long. Instead of actual meals. Especially if they are as mouthwatering and delicious as this Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers.
It’s cheesy, creamy, and extremely easy to make. So football parties, potlucks, movie night, and whatever excuse you can dig up to serve this delicious dip…absolutely do it.
This Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers is a fantastic change up on the traditional chicken wings, or the 7-Layer Mexican Dip, although I absolutely have nothing against the classics. But believe me, this dip will be the star of your finger food table.
I decided to make this Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers with ground pork meat, but you can use any type of ground meat. You can also use a hotter salsa, or the mild version, depending of your heat tolerance.
It’s cheesy perfection in one big skillet. It’s a total winner.
You’re totally drooling now, right?
Whether you make this for game day, get-together, or just to cure that craving, I hope you enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, pork, turkey or chicken) (I used pork)
- 1 packet (1oz) taco seasoning (I used the cheesy version)
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa (I used medium heat)
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese blend
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 can biscuits (8 big biscuits)
- Egg wash for brushing biscuits (see note)
- Garlic salt for sprinkling
- Chive and jalapeno pepper, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces with a spatula as you cook, until no longer pink and cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the taco seasoning; mix to combine. Add the salsa. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat and cook on low, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat to very low and stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese; cook until just melted. Remove from the heat. Arrange the dip mixture in the middle of the skillet to make room to place the pretzel-biscuits.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water and baking soda to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Open the biscuits can. Cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Slice an X across the top.
- Drop biscuits balls, 6 at a time, into boiling water. Cook 60 seconds or until dough looks slightly puffy and dimpled. Using slotted spoon, remove balls from water; let the excess of water to drain and transfer to the skillet with the dip mixture, forming a ring along the inside edge.
- Brush dough with egg wash; slightly sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden brown and dip is warmed through and bubbly, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Garnish with the chives and sliced jalapenos, if desired, and serve hot.