This Chickpeas and Avocado Tostadas recipe is full of taste and 100% meatless, but yet super yummy and filling.
Chickpeas and Avocado Tostadas Recipe
I am all about spring! Even though it was snowing outside when I was preparing this delicious Chickpea and Avocado Tostadas recipe, I do not lose hope. I wish I could see just a little more grass and flowers than snow, but we’re getting there.
Today though, it looks a little more spring-ish! And with this refreshing weather, we need refreshing meals.
Last Friday, I was hungry and I didn’t feel like cooking. And let’s not forget it is Lenten season so that we’re supposed to lower our meat consumption. So I decided to start playing around with some of the ingredients seating inside my fridge and this delicious recipe was born: Chickpeas Tostadas!!
This recipe is full of taste and it is perfect for lent since these tostadas are 100% meatless, but yet super yummy and filling. Needless to say, the beach season is coming and although we rather not think about it the reality is that it is getting closer and closer. With this recipe, you don’t have to worry about feeling guilty. You won’t miss the meat at all and you won’t pack on the bad calories.
I added a little bit of red onion and red pepper to give it a spring-like taste. And of course, I couldn’t forget to top it all off with creamy avocado slices and my special ‘Guasacaca’ sauce which is also made with avocado.
Chickpeas and Avocado Tostadas
- 1 can (12 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sal and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 crispy tostadas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup guasacaca (venezuelan avocado sauce)
- Combine chickpeas, red onions, red peppers, tomato, cheese and cilantro in a medium bowl. Dress salad with salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning. Reserve.
- To assemble the tostadas: Spread the chickpeas salad evenly over one side of each tortilla.
- Top each tostada with sliced avocado and guasacaca.
- Serve immediately.