Sometimes you just need a really tasty dish that gets to the table in under 30 minutes!! Well…these fresh and bursting with flavor Chimichurri Shrimp and Avocado Mini Tostadas are the real deal!
Hello, my friends!! I’ve been spreading myself a little thin these days. So much going on at the same time. One of the things that have kept me busy is the arrival of my brother. He came to spend the summer with us, which means a lot of eating and family get-togethers.
Speaking of eating!
Do you love tostadas as much as I do? I really love them. I think I end up eating more tostadas in a month than I do anything else. Wait … no, I eat more arepas than anything else, but you know what I mean, right? Actually, Tostada Tuesdays are so much better than Taco Tuesdays in my book.
So today I thought I’d share with you a great recipe that is perfect for summer: Chimichurri Shrimp and Avocado Mini Tostadas!! I think you’re going to love them! Side note: Just thinking about the name of the recipe makes my mouth water (giggle).
I love Mexican food because it is easy to prepare, a mouthful of flavor, and it’s very fun to play with the ingredients. Plus, most Mexican dishes go fantastic with avocados, which happen to be my all-time favorite fruit. Let’s be honest… avocados make everything better!
For this recipe, I used Avocados From Mexico, which are evergreen and always in season. Their avocados are grown with heritage in mind and the utmost attention to detail, from their humble beginnings as seedlings to their maturity as the plump, delicious, creamy fruits you know and love. If you are truly an avocado lover like me, join Vida Aguacate Club, where you can find more recipes and exclusive offers. Also, don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes below for a chance to win a $125 Visa gift card or a selfie stick!
I usually make dishes with shrimp because it cooks so quickly and you can have a fresh, delicious meal on the table in a matter of minutes. And since one of my brother’s favorite combinations is shrimp and avocado, I decided to play around a little, and these Chimichurri Shrimp and Avocado Mini Tostadas were born. To spice things up, I added Chimichurri sauce. Even if you’re not a huge fan of spicy foods, I promise you’ll still love this recipe!
These Chimichurri Shrimp and Avocado Mini Tostadas are AMAZING!! They’re fresh and bursting with flavor. Plus, they’re really fast and easy to make.
You should definitely give it a try soon!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb . small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chimichurri sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (see notes)
- Oil for frying
- 2 ripe Avocados From Mexico, pitted and cut into 1/2- inch chunks
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste; cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Stir in the chimichurri sauce, and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Cut 12 mini round tortillas with 3-inch round cutter (if desired, stack 2 or3 tortillas to cut).
- Heat the oil for frying into a large skillet (about 2 inches in depth) to 375ºF. Add the tortillas, one at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to a paper towel-lined pan and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- To serve, divide the shrimp mixture between the mini tostadas. Top each with avocado and sprinkle with queso fresco and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
To learn how to make Chimichurri Sauce, click here.
You can also bake the tortillas instead of frying. Just lightly brush them with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt. Then bake the tortillas in a preheated 400ºF oven for approximately four minutes per side, or until they are crispy.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VidaAguacate #CollectiveBias