This Chorizo Burrito Skillet is incredibly easy to pull off and tastes extraordinary! A family-pleasing meal that is ready in 30 minutes.
I’m so excited to share with you today’s recipe because it’s so good and flavorful. This Chorizo Burrito Skillet is loaded with all the delicious flavors you love in a burrito but it’s all cooked in a skillet. Nothing to roll, fret, or fuss over.
Chorizo has had a high demand in our kitchen for the past several months. All started when my husband found delicious chorizo in a local grocery store since then we have been hooked. We have made chorizo everything… so this is how this dish was born.
Meet my Chorizo Burrito Skillet!!!
My favorite thing about this Chorizo Burrito Skillet is that it comes together in just about 30 minutes. It’s also very flexible since you can amp up the spice, if you like the heat, or add some cooked shredded chicken or shrimp.
My family is big fans of the corn, black beans, pepper, cilantro, and lime combination going on in this dish. I wanted to crank things up a notch by adding RO*TEL tomatoes. I love them because they have enough zest to kick up every breakfast, lunch, dinner and, of course, snack! No matter what day of the week it is, RO*TEL always help me to put a spicy spin on my favorite dish.
If you want more fun recipes ideas about how to use RO*TEl visit 31DaysWithRotel.
It’s easy, quick, and all-in-one, with all the Mexican, bold flavors you love…
The rice is cooked to a tender perfection.
For best results, I suggest serving the tortillas on the side. I have seen some recipes that add the tortillas to the skillet, but to be honest, I didn’t even think about that because I HATE soggy tortillas.
I went a little easy on the topping because, as you might know, my picky eaters are always looking for excuses to not eat, but feel free to top this amazing skillet with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa. YUM.
This Chorizo Burrito Skillet could not. be. easier.
Simply toss it all into one big skillet, cook… y LISTO! A great meal for the whole family to love.
Chorizo Burrito Skillet
- 1 (7 oz approx.) cured chorizo sausage, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (I use green and red), diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, pepper, and garlic; cook 5 minutes more or, until vegetables are fragrant and tender.
- Stir in the rice and let it toast for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Ro*Tel®, corn, black beans, and vegetable broth; mix to combine. Bring to a boil. Let it cook uncovered, over medium heat, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then cover, reduce heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle the cheese on top, cover and cook for 1 -2 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!
This Chorizo Burrito Skillet recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias