This Creamy Fish Fillet Casserole is an easy and scrumptious weeknight dinner. Plus, it’s ready in 30 minutes!!
If you’re a seafood person…welp this recipe is perfect for you!
Let me introduce you to what my kids called “the pink fish”. My kids really like this dish, I think they like it because of the pink sauce. I usually make it as a quick weeknight meal because I know they’ll eat it without complaints. Plus, it has enough flavor and kick to keep the adults happy as well!
This time I used the Basa fish fillets that I picked up at my local Asian supermarket. It was the first time I tried this fish but I was pleasantly surprised. This fish has a very mild fish flavor. It’s moist and slightly firm. I will definitely buy it again. But don’t worry, if you can’t find Basa fillets this recipe also works great with many types of white fish fillets, including tilapia or mahi-mahi.
The star of this recipe is the sauce…Hands down the best sauce for fish EVER!!
The sauce is actually quite refreshing rather than rich and heavy. It’s very simple to make, with 4 everyday ingredients: Clamato®, evaporated milk, lime juice, and cornstarch.
We all know Clamato® as the indispensable ingredient in many beverages, including the traditional Michelada™. But it’s more than that. Because of its versatility, and the fact that it’s made with a blend of spices, It can be used as an ingredient in many recipes. I love it in this recipe because there’s no acidic taste, just a very fresh and light tomato-ish flavor.
This is a great simple recipe to add to your repertoire!
Creamy Fish Fillet Casserole
- 2 lb white fish fillets (4 big fillets approx.), (such as Basa or tilapia or any white fish fillet of your liking)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Clamato® Original flavor
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º F (218º C).
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel. Season fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent and fragrant. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring to avoid burning.
- Add Clamato®, evaporated milk, cornstarch, lime juice, and lime zest; mix to combine. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes, frequently stirring, until sauce thickens a little. Place fish fillets over the sauce.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Easy Teriyaki Salmon
- Cheesy Potatoes and Cod Casserole
- Easy Fish and Mango Ceviche
- Quick and Easy Paella
- Sheet Pan Mustard Salmon Dinner
- Browse more recipes...
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.