This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoNutsForNuts #CollectiveBias
Crunchy Munchy Winter Spiced Mix – Little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and definitely crunchy. This recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining or gift giving.
Let’s take a break from the Thanksgiving dinner madness to talked about munchies. Anyway you have to give your guests something to snack on while the big feast is ready, right?
Okay…back to munchies!
I’m a popcorn fanatic!! Especially if it’s sweet coated. So it’s no weird when I find myself getting a bag of caramel coated popcorn and peanuts into my weekly grocery shopping. But a few days ago – while munching – I thought: Why not make my own? Homemade always taste better.
Since I’ve always enjoyed snacking on popcorn and I am a sucker for nuts I decided to combine the two and the result is delicious!
It’s fairly addictive too! One handful of this snack isn’t going to be enough.
This recipe takes it up a notch with the addition of Planters Winter Spiced Mix Special Edition. This mix is so delicious. Peanuts, Almonds, sesame sticks, cashews and pecan…Full of seasonal flavors. Can’t get much better than that.
These little bites are not “candied”. You know those with a tough outer coating that are hard to sink your teeth into. These are glossy, slightly firm, and soft enough to bite into without breaking your teeth.
The candy mixture is made out of cashew butter, honey and sugar….mmmm!
It’s so easy to make and adding that extra salt gives it the perfect salty/sweet combo. Look how quickly they disappear!
The holiday season is upon us, and if you’re anything like me, you’re sweating the fact that you haven’t even thought about what to get everyone on your list. No more worries…for not much money, and very little time, you can put together these cute jar guaranteed to wow.
Either for holiday entertaining or gift giving this little bite wouldn’t get passed unnoticed during the holiday.
- Line a 2 baking tray with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Pop the popcorn. Remove as many unpopped kernals as possible. Place the popcorn and winter spiced mix into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, honey and sugar. Bring to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the cashew butter and vainilla, stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and nuts evenly. Mix gently to coat.
- Lay the popcorn and nuts out on the baking sheets. Add salt to taste and let them cool completely until set.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Break popcorn and nut mixture into pieces.
Store in container with tight-fitting lid or resealable plastic food bag.
I bought my supplies for this recipe at my local Walmart, including Planters Winter Spiced Mix. You can also download the free Planter’s Blippar app on your smartphone via the Google Play or Apple iTunes store and snap some clicks with Mr. Peanut itself.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!