This Easy Beef Chili is a hearty and complete meal! Serve with crusty bread, corn bread or tortillas. Done in just 30 minutes
I know…Chili sounds like a fall-winter meal! But this morning I woke craving it. My oldest daughter, Andrea, loves it. My husband not so much but I still prepare the whole recipe. It is more than enough for two so I freeze the rest to use it one of those days I have no desire or time to cook.
This recipe was one of the first ones I learned when we arrived to the United States 10 years ago. A dear friend of mine taught me how to prepare it. The only differences from the original recipe is that I use a lot more garlic and chili powder. I love the intensity that those two ingredients add to the chili. However, if you do not like it that way you only have to reduce the amount of those two ingredients to your taste.
Looking for easy dinner ideas? Check these out!
- Easy Sausage and Peppers Rice Skillet
- Easy Chicken Lo Mein
- Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup
- Easy Asian-Style Chicken Breasts
- Easy Kung Pao Pork Chops
You need to try this recipe soon… It’s a delicious, and hearty.
- 1 lb ground beef ( I use 97/3)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) red kidney beans
- 2 cans (8 oz each) of tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petit diced tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
In a large pot add ground beef and cook on medium heat until browned and all juices came out, about 10 minutes. Drain grease, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add onions, peppers, and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes.
Stir in canned beans, tomatoes (with juices) and chili powder. Mix well. Bring mixture to boil. Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!