This Easy Chimichurri will deliver big flavor to anything you’re grilling! It’s garlicky, herby, tangy, slightly spicy and incredibly versatile since it can be used both, as a marinade and a sauce.
Easy Chimichurri Recipe
Oh. My. Goodness. It’s delish!!!
This Chimichurri sauce is epic, so easy to make, yet super impressive and perfect for your summer party!
What is chimichurri sauce made of?
For those of you who have never tried this sauce, there’s nothing boring or bland about this sauce. My personalized version of this Argentinean sauce uses cilantro, parsley, and sweet red pepper. Plus, shallot, garlic crushed red pepper, a little red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
How to use Chimichurri Sauce?
And like making anything else homemade, you have complete control over what you add to it. So if you’re not much of a cilantro person, you can substitute with additional parsley, and if you like heat you can add a hot pepper – such fresco pepper – instead of sweet. It’s totally up to you!
How long will chimichurri last?
I love that It holds up well in the refrigerator. I make a double batch and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
Once you start using it, you will get addicted to it…It’s freaking delicious.
Easy Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, tightly packed
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red sweet pepper, deveined and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Oil (see notes)
- Add parsley, cilantro, shallot, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, vinegar and lime juice into a small food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil over the mixture; mix to combine. Let stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!