These Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies are delicious!! With just 4 ingredients you will create the yummiest melt-in-the-mouth cookies with a lovely hint of vanilla. Just one won’t be enough.
A few weeks ago Victoria was tested for food allergies. It all started the day before she turned 1 year old. I had the brilliant idea to give her scrambled eggs for breakfast. Well, to make a long story short we ended up in the emergency room. She had a terrible reaction.
At that point, we did not know if it had been eggs, cheese, if It was an isolated incident or if she really was allergic to any food. The recommendation of our pediatrician was to avoid eating eggs, which have been doing since then and wait for her to be a little bigger to make the food allergic tests.
The time came and it turns out that my baby is highly allergic to eggs. The specialist recommended us to stay away from other foods as well, such as nuts and soy, until she is older.
My princess and nature are very wise. Since an early age, she refuses to eat certain foods. Even if I insist she says NO. I guess her body warns her. As a mom, I want her to try and enjoy as many food options as possible, so I’ve recently been looking for egg-free alternatives.
These Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies were my first attempt. What child does not like cookies? or adult?. These cookies turned out delicious!!!
Since Victoria had never eaten cookies before she still is a little dubious about the texture… but at least she tried. Matthew’s birthday is coming up and I want Vicky to enjoy the cake as well … so my next challenge is to develop a delicious egg free cake recipe.
LOOKING FOR MORE EGGLESS RECIPES?
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- More recipes…
UPDATE: My daughter Victoria was diagnostic with egg allergy in 2014, when she was 2 years old. In 2018, she was tested again and she still is highly allergic to eggs and nuts. During all these years, I have developed many eggless recipes, which I hope will be very useful for your family as they have been for mine.
These Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies are delicious!! With just 4 ingredients you will create the yummiest melt-in-the-mouth cookies with a lovely hint of vanilla. Just one won't be enough.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 9 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (see notes)
Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugar and butter. Beat on low speed with the paddle until well mixed. Increase the speed to medium and continue beating until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla seeds.
- On low speed with the dough hook, add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. If the dough looks grainy, don't worry, turn off the mixer and knead slightly until uniform and smooth (like clay).
- Form 12 tablespoon sized balls and flatten. I used a cookie stamp to flatten them.
- Place them in the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can also use a one vanilla bean, split and scraped or one teaspoon of vanilla paste. To do just put the bean on a cutting surface. Using the tip of a paring knife cut the bean lengthwise. Use the point or edge of the knife to scrape the seeds loose from the pod. Store any unused beans in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap and then in a sealable plastic bag.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!