This Easy Instant Pot Arroz con Pollo recipe is ridiculously easy to make and unbelievably delicious! It has protein, vegetables, and grains cooked together in one pot in about 30 minutes. This one is definitely one to keep in your rotation.
Easy Instant Pot Arroz con Pollo Recipe
My stovetop Arroz con Pollo recipe have been very popular for years so I thought it was about time to share the Instant Pot version.
Without further ado, meet my Easy Instant Pot Arroz con Pollo!
We love Arroz con Pollo … SO much. I make this recipe once a week and it’s one of my kid’s fave school lunches. Easy to pack and easier to eat.
You are going to LOVE this recipe because:
- It’s ridiculously easy to prepare,
- It has protein, vegetables, and grains cooked together in one pot,
- It’s full of flavor and DELICIOUS.
- And feed a small army.
Doesn’t it look irresistible? YUM.
How do you make arroz con pollo in the Instant Pot?
Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink. Remove chicken from pot and reserve. Sauté onion, peppers, garlic and green onion for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add the rice and toast for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth, seasoning or saffron, frozen vegetables, and cooked chicken. Mix to combine. Bring to boil. Secure the lid to the Instant Pot. Close pressure release valve. Select “manual”, or “pressure cook”, and adjust cooking time to 10 minutes. When the time is over, let the pressure release on its own for 10 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to “Venting,” to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid. Press “cancel”. Fluff arroz con pollo with a fork, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve hot.
Can I use bone-in chicken instead of chicken breasts?
Yes! Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast meat should read 165º F.
Can I freeze Arroz con Pollo?
Yes! Add arroz con pollo into a freezer bag. Press out as much air as possible and seal. Freeze the rice for up to 3 months. To reheat, transfer the rice to a microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of water over top. Cover loosely with a damp paper towel. Warm in 1-minute increments, stirring in between, until the grains are hot.
Here’s to weeknight meals that take only a few minutes and an Instant Pot to make and tastes unbelievably delicious.
Easy Instant Pot Arroz con Pollo
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet of seasoning with saffron or 1/2 teaspoon saffron (see notes)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas and green beans)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Season the chicken with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on the Instant Pot ON and select "sauté", adjust to more. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5 - 8 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the Instant Pot. Sauté onion, peppers, garlic and green onion for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add the uncooked rice and toast for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, deglaze the pot using a wooden utensil with a flat head to scrape all of the stuck bits off of the bottom of the pot. This step is very important to avoid getting the "BURN" message.
- After the pot is deglazed and there are not more stuck bits off of the bottom of the pot, add seasoning or saffron, frozen vegetables, and cooked chicken. Mix to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Bring to boil. Press "cancel". Secure the lid to the Instant Pot. Close pressure release valve. Select "manual", or "pressure cook", and adjust cooking time to 10 minutes.
- When the time is over, let the pressure release on its own for 10 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to "Venting," to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid. Press "cancel".
- Fluff arroz con pollo with a fork, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve hot.
- Instant Pot Cuban Pulled Pork
- Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs
- Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Pineapple Pork
- More Recipe
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!