This 20-minute Easy Instant Pot Beet and Leek Soup recipe is chock-full of essential everyday nutrients and crazy delicious. It’s incredibly simple to prepare; perfect comfort on a cold winter day!
I grew up on creamy soups and stews. Even though, the weather in Venezuela is HOT HOT HOT, yearlong, a good and hearty soup was never missing at our table. My favorite was always the beet soup, and over time I adapted my mom’s basic recipe to give it a fancier and more intense flavor.
So take advantage of winter’s sweetest treats and try this Easy Instant Pot Beet and Leek Soup.
This Easy Instant Pot Beet and Leek Soup is spectacularly gorgeous to look at, but it’s also amazingly delicious.
How to store beets.
I love beets, not just because their sweet taste, but also because they store well and can last for weeks. To store them just cut their tops loose and them place them in an unsealed plastic bag in the fridge. They should be completely dry before storing. Unfortunately, the greens will last only for a few days, but if they look fresh and perky, when you buy the beets, you can sauté them with some olive oil and garlic to make a delicious side dish for any entrée.
This beet soup is really easy to throw together once you have the ingredients.
The best part??
It will be ready in 25 minutes!!
Thanks Instant Pot … I ❤️ you!
Go ahead. Jump on the beet bandwagon. They’re chock-full of essential everyday nutrients and crazy delicious.
Serve this beet soup with a grilled cheese sandwich or garlic bread! ????????????
Easy Instant Pot Beet and Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzle
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 ½ lb beets, peeled and chopped (about 6 medium beets)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas (optional) (see notes)
- sour cream to garnish (optional)
- Turn on the instant pot and hit the "sauté" button. When it displays “Hot” add in the olive oil. Add shallots, garlic, ginger and leeks, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beets and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add turmeric and paprika; mix to combined.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk; stir to incorporated.
- Turn the instant pot off. Cover with the lid and select the "soup" setting. Adjust cooking time to 15 minutes. You can quick or natural release the pressure, it's up to you. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
- Let cool slightly, then blend the soup using a blender, or an immersion blender, until smooth (see notes).
- To serve, drizzle a little bit more of olive oil, and garnish with sour cream and roasted pepitas (if using).
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
????If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!