This Easy Mango Panna Cotta recipe is rich, smooth and velvety!! It’s super easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Truly magnificent.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Mango Board. All opinions are entirely my own.
Are you guys ready for this? Please meet my Easy Mango Panna Cotta.
If you are not familiar, Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert and translates as “cooked cream”. It’s made with heavy cream, milk, and sugar, then thickened with gelatin and molded. It’s super easy to make and can be prepared in advance and chilled in the fridge for the big event.
Stress-free holidays are my jam!!
This Easy Mango Panna Cotta is sweet and fruity and smooth and creamy. In other words…the perfect dessert for any celebration that no one can resist!
I have been making panna cotta forever! Actually, it’s one of my husband’s favorite desserts. So, when I saw these gorgeous mangos in my kitchen I knew I had to do something special with them.
So yeah, I made good use of my mangos and made this Easy Mango Panna Cotta.
I LOVE mangos!! They bring back so many memories from my childhood. I remember spending all my summers on my family’s farm surrounded by dozens of mango trees. My siblings and I used to climb the trees to eat mangos straight off the branch.
We had so many mangos that at the end of the afternoon we collected all those that had fallen to the ground and we gave them to the cattle. As a fun fact, let me tell you that the cattle ate the pulp and then spat the seed.
These are the reasons why I love mangos so much. And also, because:
- Mangos pack a nutritional punch at 100 calories per cup, making them a perfect snack any time of day.
- Mangos provide 100% of your daily vitamin C, 35% of your daily vitamin A and 12% of your daily fiber.
- Mangos are fat-free, cholesterol-free and a good source of dietary fiber.
Have you ever wondered how to cut a mango? If so, watch this video.
LOOKING FOR MORE DESSERT RECIPES?
- White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Red Currant Sauce
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce
- Panna Cotta with Raspberry Coulis
- Apple and Dulce de Leche Puffs
- Dulce de Leche Crepe Cake
The sweet tartness of the mango balances perfectly with the creaminess of the panna cotta.
Who can resist? Not me.
I hope you enjoy this creamy and fruity sweet treat!
Easy Mango Panna Cotta
- 3 cups small diced ripe mangos (about 3 large mangos)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 gelatin sheets (see notes)
- In a medium bowl add the cold water and the gelatin sheets. Leave them to soak for 10 minutes. If using granulated gelatin, dissolve the gelatin in the cold milk. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat mix the heavy cream, milk, and sugar; stirring constantly. At first boil add the drained gelatin sheets and mix until completely dissolved; about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly. Then evenly distribute into a flexible silicone mold (see notes) of your choice. Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- In a medium bowl add the cold water and the gelatin sheets. Leave them to soak for 10 minutes. If using granulated gelatin, dissolve the gelatin in the ¼ cup of cold water. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Place 2 1/2 cups diced mango and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan bring the mango puree to a low boil and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, or until syrupy. NOTE: Reserve ½ cup of mango puree to serve later before adding the gelatin, if desired.
- Add drained gelatin sheet (or softened gelatin powder) and mix to dissolve. Let the mixture cool.
- Spoon mango mixture over the firm panna cotta. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
Mango Puree Sauce:
- Mix the remaining mango puree with the remaining fresh mango cubes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, unmold the panna cotta and top with more mango sauce. Serve.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!