This 2 Ingredient Easy No-Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream is a delicately mouthwatering balance of sweetness and creaminess. It is surprisingly rich and indulgent, and you only need 2 ingredients.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of A&W®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ice cream season is upon us and I have to share my all-time favorite ice cream recipe. This 2 Ingredient Easy No-Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream will have you swooning. It is wonderfully simple to make, and the result is a soft and velvety piece of heaven. The only hard part is waiting. It needs to be transferred to the freezer for six hours in order to get that firm ice cream consistency.
The waiting is tough but oh-sooo worth it!!!
Summer has arrived, so besides making ice cream, my husband and I also have made a list of ideas to keep kids from being bored and create memories. Our list includes picnics, hiking, farmer markets, zoo, etc… but since there are some days when the heat just gets to be too much and we have to stay inside we also included some indoors activities, like make a fort out of cardboard boxes, make homemade pizza, and game and movie nights.
These last two are a BIG hit in our family. My kids are obsessed with playing cards so we declared Sunday nights the official game night. Our favorite game is “Go Fish,” which is perfect to help them learn about numbers and patterns.
Our game nights usually are accompanied by a special treat. So I like to go to Walmart to buy everything I’m going to need to make a memorable and inexpensive game/movie night.
One of our favorite treats is root beer floats!! The mix of the A&W Root Beer and dulce de leche flavors from the ice cream is delicious and so refreshing. I used aged vanilla to give my root beer floats a little touch of vanilla flavor, but you can use any flavor you want.
This 2 Ingredient Easy No-Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream comes together in a few easy steps. Make the ice cream and then just prepare the floats in a glass using A&W Root Beer, top with chocolate and enjoy!
This is a summer classic dessert that you cannot miss!!
2 Ingredient Easy No-Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (13.4oz) dulce de leche
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
To make dulce de leche ice cream:
- Place the dulce de leche in a big mixing bowl. Note: Reserve 2 tablespoons of dulce the leche if you want to decorate the top of the ice cream with swirled dulce de leche, as shown in my photos. This is totally optional. If you don't want to do this just place the entire contents of the can in a bowl and reserve.
- Pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip the cream until it holds stiff, about 3 minutes.
- Gently mix a scoop of the whipped cream into the dulce de leche. This lightens the dulce de leche and makes it easier to fold into the rest of the whipped cream.
- Transfer the rest of the whipped cream to the bowl with the dulce de leche. Gently begin folding the whipped cream into the dulce de leche — be careful not to deflate the mixture too much or over-mix.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer container. Smooth the top. Drop the reserved dulce de leche across the top of the ice cream and swirl it around with a butter knife, if desired. You can also sprinkle sea salt.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap. Freeze for 6 hours, or up to overnight.
To make the Root Beer Dulce de Leche Floats:
- Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add in A&W Root Beer. Scoop the dulce de leche ice cream on top and slightly push it down into the root beer. Drizzle on a little chocolate, if desired.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!