This Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado is chock-full of goodness, full of flavor, and superbly delicious! Perfect for all the get-togethers this holiday season.
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, most people are hosting parties, get-togethers, office events, posadas, etc. I love entertaining; it’s a great way to get everyone together for a fun, relaxed time in the comfort of your own home. And in my opinion, nothing is more comforting than a hot skillet full of cheese-melting goodness.
So meet my Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado!!
This Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado has got “crowd-pleaser” written all over it. It’s cheesy, creamy, and extremely easy to make.
This is unquestionably a cheese lover’s heaven.
I wanted to crank things up a notch by adding two of my favorite ingredients: chorizo and avocados!
Avocados From Mexico are always in season, and when it comes to celebrations, avocados are always there to connect us with our heritage.
After you melt the cheeses, things get super fun. Get creative and get topping! Avocados, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro…whatever your heart desires.
This Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado has become a staple in our home, especially when we all get together for the holidays. I make sure to prepare this appetizer when everybody is in the kitchen helping. That way I am able to keep them happy, and they don’t complain about how bossy I can be (hah!). No, seriously, this is a great dish to enjoy with family while making memories that last a lifetime.
This Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado recipe is ideal for all the parties throughout the holiday season.
A true flavor explosion in your mouth.
Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado
- 6 ounces chorizo (I used dried chorizo)
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup green bell peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces quesadilla cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a 9-inch skillet, cook the chorizo over medium-high heat until almost crisp, about 4 minutes. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix all cheeses in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Build the skillet: Place half of the cheese in the skillet. Add half the chorizo and veggies mixture. Add half of the diced avocado. Add all of the remaining cheese and the rest of the chorizo mixture.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 15-20 minutes. IMPORTANT: Be careful not to overbake, as the cheese will start to harden, and it will be difficult to scoop it out with chips.
- Remove from the oven, top with the diced tomatoes, serrano pepper, remaining avocado, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Pre-Order Now!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TusFiestas #VidaAguacate #CollectiveBias
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!