This Easy Sausage and Bean Quinoa Bowl is a delicious way to bring breakfast to the dinner table! Made with breakfast sausage, quinoa, beans, kale, and veggies, this satisfying meal comes together in no time! I’m excited to have partnered with Smithfield to create this post and this recipe.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
My family LOVES breakfast for dinner, so now that the summer has arrived, we don’t miss the opportunity to eat our favorite breakfast food outside – after all having a meal outdoors with family and friends is one of the ultimate joys of summer isn’t it? Especially on Sundays when our little family gets together for brunch/early dinner. Those days are precious to us! We have a lot of fun.
You definitely need to spend some time checking some essential activities off your summer bucket list. Anything from a day spent playing and picnic-ing in the park or nights spent hosting a backyard BBQ, the options are endless, and the memories are waiting to be made!
One of the things the kids love most is when we play games like The ABC’s of Gratitude during outdoor dinners we have in our own backyard. The ABC’s of Gratitude is a great way to start the conversation and remind the kids of everything they have to be thankful for. We all say something for which we are grateful, starting with the A: “I am grateful for apples”, and ending with Z, “I am grateful for zucchini”.
Of course, good food is a MUST. Nothing fancy. Just something delicious and easy to make.
This Easy Sausage and Bean Quinoa Bowl is perfect! Tasty, wholesome, hearty, and pretty wallet-friendly.
The stars of this bowl are the Smithfield Breakfast Sausage Patties!!
Smithfield Breakfast Sausages are made with premium quality pork; they’re gluten-free and do not contain MSG, so you can feel good adding this breakfast staple to your plate. You can find them available in flavorful links, rolls, and patties.
With Smithfield’s vast selection of simple, wholesome, and hearty ingredients, every dish this summer will be worth remembering.
The beans and kale dish are the perfect side for this bowl! They’re full of flavor and so easy to make, and using precut kale from the grocery store makes it even easier.
So simple, so hearty, and so delicious.
Easy Sausage and Bean Quinoa Bowl
- 12 oz. package Smithfield® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 4 cups quinoa, cooked
- In a large skillet cook sausage patties until brown. Keep warm.
For the Beans and Kale:
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant, about 3 -4 minutes. Add beans and mix to combine; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped kale. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the kale has wilted. Turn off the heat; season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Assemble the bowls:
- Divide sausage patties, beans kale mixture and cooked quinoa into 4 bowls.
- Top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, if you crave some heat.
- Mexican Strata
- Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage and Potato Breakfast Tacos
- Slow Cooker Bacon and Ham Breakfast Potatoes
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl