This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealDelicious #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
These Eggless Brownies Sticks are intense, fudgy, and has deep to-die-for chocolate flavor! They are easy to make, with a few pantry staples, and are completely eggless.
Today is a special day!!
My youngest daughter, Victoria, is turning 4 ????????????
We’re celebrating her big time with these Eggless Brownies Stick, and an eggless Rainbow Cake with tons of sprinkles, of course.
I know it’s cliché but it is crazy how fast kids grow up. We want to make it as special as possible for her so We bought her a pink and purple “big girls” bike, with pom poms, and a “zing zing” (a.k.a bell). she inherited my sweet tooth, so I obviously made her some eggless treats that will surly bring a big smile to my princess’ face.
My daughter loves brownies!!!, and who DOESN’T love brownies? She also LOVES cereal. So I came up with this fabulous treat that marries her two faves.
To make the crust I used Cinnamon Toasters®! I love this cereal because it has all natural flavors and contains zero grams of trans fat. Post Consumer Brands has something for the whole family. They have a wide variety of difference cereals in their portfolio that will satisfy everyone. Plus, Post cereals make great snacks to and from school, or at other school/sports activities.
This crust is crazy easy to make! Since the Cinnamon Toasters® are already sweetened you don’t need to add any other sweetener. Just put them in a food processor, and process until finely crush. Then mix with butter and press into your prepared pan. I bet this crust would work great for cheesecakes too.
Then top the crust with the eggless brownie batter. Into the oven for about 35 minutes, and out comes a scrumptious, decadent pan of brownies.
Love what you see? Subscribe to Mommy’s Home Cooking so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, and Facebook for more fun! Don’t forget to #MommysHomeCooking if you share something you made on Instagram!
- 10 oz Cinnamon Toasters® cereal
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a square baking pan (9x9 inches) with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using food processor, finely crush cereal
- In a medium-size bowl combine Cinnamon Toaster® crumbs and butter and until everything is well incorporated. Add mixture into the prepared pan and press until you have a flat and even layer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and cocoa.
- In other bowl mix wet ingredients: butter, buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients, just until well combine. Please don’t overmix. You can do this by using an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or hand-held.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and bake for 35 -40 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Use large serrated knife, such as a bread knife, for cutting the brownie sticks.