These Eggless Brownies Sticks are intense, fudgy, and have deep to-die-for chocolate flavor! They are easy to make, with a few pantry staples, and are completely eggless.
Why I Love This Recipe
Today is a special day!! It’s my youngest’s birthday! We’re celebrating her big time with these Eggless Brownies Stick, and an eggless Rainbow Cake with tons of sprinkles, of course.
I know it’s cliché but it is crazy how fast kids grow up. We want to make it as special as possible for her so we bought her a pink and purple “big girls” bike, with pom-poms, and a “zing zing” (a.k.a bell). She inherited my sweet tooth, so I obviously made her some eggless treats that will surely bring a big smile to my princess’ face.
My daughter loves brownies!!!, and who DOESN’T love brownies? She also LOVES cereal. So I came up with this fabulous treat that marries her two faves.
To make the crust I used Cinnamon Toasters®! But you can use another cinnamon cereal of your liking.
This crust is crazy easy to make! Since the Cinnamon Toasters® are already sweetened you don’t need to add any other sweetener. Just put them in a food processor, and process them until finely crushed. Then mix with butter and press into your prepared pan. I bet this crust would work great for cheesecakes too.
Then top the crust with the eggless brownie batter. Into the oven for about 35 minutes, and out comes a scrumptious, decadent pan of brownies.
Storing & Freezing Instructions
Store cut the brownie in an airtight container at room temperature; they’re best eaten within 1 to 2 days. In very hot weather it is best to keep the brownies in the fridge and remove them about an hour before you want to eat them.
You can freeze the whole pan of uncut brownies well wrapped in plastic and foil for up to 3 months. If you wish to freeze cut brownies individually then wrap each one in plastic wrap and foil and freeze in airtight containers for up to 1 month.
To defrost frozen brownies, remove the pan from the freezer, unwrap it and leave it at room temperature for about 3 hours. If you are defrosting a whole tray of uncut brownies, I suggest cutting them when they are still partially frozen.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Eggless Biscoff White Chocolate Blondies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- More recipes…
Eggless Brownie Sticks
For the Crust:
- 10 oz (290 gr) Cinnamon Toasters® cereal (or another cinnamon cereal of your liking)
- ½ cup (115 gr) unsalted butter, melted
For the brownies:
- 1 cup (140 gr) self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup (250 gr) sugar
- 1/2 cup (45 gr) cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons (85 gr) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (90 gr) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a square baking pan (9×9 inches) with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray. Set aside.
Make the Crust:
- Using a food processor, finely crush cereal
- In a medium-size bowl combine cereal crumbs and butter and until everything is well incorporated. Add mixture into the prepared pan and press until you have a flat and even layer. Refrigerate while you make the brownie batter.
Make the Brownie Batter:
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- In other bowl mix wet ingredients: butter, buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients, just until well combined. Please don’t overmix. You can do this by using an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or hand-held.
- Pour the batter over the cereal crust. Bake for 35 -40 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Use a large serrated knife, such as a bread knife, for cutting the brownie sticks.
Originally posted in August 2016, post content edited to add more helpful information, no change to the recipe in July 2020.