These Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies are thin and crispy, and SO delicious! They’ re super easy to make and dough freezes beautifully. A must-have recipe for chocolate lovers in your life!
These Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies are glorious. They’re super loaded with all the rich chocolate you would ever want.
A few weeks ago, we bought some “vegan” chocolate cookies in the store and guess what happened? Our little one had an allergic reaction. It is not the first time this happens to us. It also happened when she ate a “vegan” cupcake made in a “vegan” bakery. Conclusion: I will not trust anything that is not made by me.
Unfortunately, when it comes to food allergies we can afford to take our chances!!
So, I am preparing for the cookies season coming up (YAY) with these amazing Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies.
The cookies are easy to mix up with everyday ingredients.
I am completely smitten by this chocolate cookie recipe and I think you will love it too! Oh, and there is sea salt on top because that is a MUST if you ask me!
How to melt chocolate:
Stove: Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a gently simmering water in a saucepan. Stir constantly until the chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Microwave: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Run the microwave for 20 sec. Stir. Run it again for 20 more sec. Stir. Return it to the microwave and repeat until small lumps remain, remove and continue to stir to complete melting. Don’t set more than 20-seconds at the time to prevent scorching. Set aside.
How to Freeze Cookies:
Prepare the dough as usual. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out cookie dough mounds onto the baking sheet. Freeze until hard. Transfer the frozen dough mounds to a freezer plastic bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer.
How to bake frozen cookie dough:
Bake frozen cookies without thawing. Simply place the frozen, pre-scooped cookie dough onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 3 – 5 minutes longer than the original recipe recommends.
Looking for more eggless cookie recipes?
- Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
- Venezuelan Polvorosas Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Eggless Peanut Butter Halloween Cookies
- Easy Palmiers Recipe (Elephant Ear Cookies or Palmeritas) (Video)
- Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies
- Eggless Dulce de Leche Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies
- 4 oz (114 gr) dark chocolate, finely chopped (you can also use morsels or chips)
- 6 oz (177 gr) unsalted butter (¾ cup)
- 1 cup (140 gr) all-purpose
- ½ cup (52 gr) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup (150 gr) granulated sugar
- 2 oz (60 gr) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Stove: Place dark chocolate and ¼ cup of butter in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a gently simmering water in a saucepan. Stir constantly until the chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Microwave: Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Run the microwave for 20 sec. Stir. Run it again for 20 more sec. Stir. Return it to the microwave and repeat until small lumps remain, remove and continue to stir to complete melting. Don't set more than 20-seconds at the time to prevent scorching. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder into a bowl. Add salt and mix to combine.
- Beat remaining butter and sugar with a stand mixer, or electric mixer, on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour; beat until incorporated and the dough starts to form.
- Foil in the melted chocolate with a rubber spatula until well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop by spoonful onto prepared baking sheets, repeat until you have used up all the cookie mixture. Use a 1-inch meatball scooper to make consistently round cookies. be sure to give the dropped dough plenty of space, so the cookies won’t bump into each other as they spread.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!