This Eggless Fruit Tart is fresh, colorful, and bursting with juicy fruit! Made with a very simple crust, filled with luscious vanilla cream, and then topped with fresh fruit. It’s so simple yet so good.
Eggless Fruit Tart Recipe Highlights
In my opinion, there’s nothing quite as lovely and refreshing as a beautiful Fruit Tart!
It’s fresh, colorful, festive, and totally irresistible.
Of course, the cherry on top – literally – to any fruit tart is the fruit, and while you can arrange the fruit in beautiful patterns, to make things “easy” I have just piled the berries randomly on top of the cream.
This Eggless Fruit Tart is so beautiful and so delicious.
Eggless Fruit Tart Ingredients
Please check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact quantities and instructions (scroll down).
- 1 Tart Crust – Check my eggless tart recipe here.
- Pastry Cream:
- Granulated sugar
- Black salt
- Evaporated milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Fresh Fruits
- Glaze (optional):
- Orange or Apricot Preserves
How To Make Eggless Fruit Tart From Scratch
There are 4 components to this recipe:
- CRUST: This classic dessert starts with a sweetened pastry crust. It’s sort of like pie dough, sort of like a shortbread cookie. It has a perfect sweet crunch. It can be made ahead and refrigerated or stuck in the freezer for later use.
- PASTRY CREAM FILLING: Eggless pastry cream is rich, creamy, beyond delicious, and super easy to make.
- FRESH FRUIT: Think about your fruit tart as a blank canvas, use different flavors, textures, shapes, and colors.
- GLAZE: The glaze is made with fruit preserve mixed with a little bit of water. It’s not mandatory but it’s highly recommended. The glaze will keep the fruits bright and hydrated.
1 – Make Tart Crust
To make the eggless tart crust follow the steps in my Perfect Eggless Tart Crust recipe.
2 – Make the Eggless Pastry Cream Filling
Pastry cream is the iconic custard that is used to fill tarts, profiteroles, eclairs, and cakes. It’s rich, creamy, and beyond delicious.
To read how to make pastry cream visit my Eggless Pastry Cream recipe.
3 – Decorate with Fresh Fruit and Glaze
Add whatever fresh fruit your heart desires. I love to add fresh berries. Glazing the fruit is not mandatory but it’s highly recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
My family’s favorite fruit is berries, but to be honest you can use any fruit you want. Think about your fruit tart as a blank canvas, use different flavors, textures, shapes, and colors.
Here are some ideas:
Stone fruit, such as plums, cherries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, and/or fresh dates.
Berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
Tropical, such as pineapple, kiwi, and/or mango.
Glazing the tart is not mandatory but it’s highly recommended. The glaze will keep the fruits bright and hydrated.
This tart is best served the day it is made. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
More Eggless Recipes You’ll Love!
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Cake Ever
- Easy Eggless Lemon Bars
- Eggless Red Velvet Cake
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Eggless Cheesecake
- More recipes…
Eggless Fruit Tart
Assorted fresh fruit (sliced and/or whole)
- 2 tablespoons orange or apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Make the pastry cream following the steps in this recipe.
Eggless Tart Crust:
- Make the eggless tart crust following the steps in this recipe and fully bake the crust.
- Spread the cooled pastry cream into cooled crust. Refrigerate until ready to garnish with fruit or garnish right away.
- Garnish the tart with your favorite fresh fruit.
- Whisk the optional glaze ingredients together, warm for about 15 seconds in the microwave, then brush on top of the fruit.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.