These showstopper Eggless Red Velvet Brownies are the perfect excuse to indulge! Über-rich and decadent, these reddies are super simple to make and easy to decorate.
Happy Almost Valentine’s Day!!
Any big plans for tomorrow?
It’s so funny but last week my daughter came from the school saying that we are supposed to eat red food in Valentine’s day. So today, things are looking little red! Lucky for us, and you, all that red it’s in a delicious, chocolatey, chewy brownie form.
I find brownies to be one of the easiest, and fastest, crowd-pleasing chocolate desserts out there. They are so easy to make (if you have the right recipe) that you don’t even need an electric mixer.
Since my kids get so happy when they find a little square brownie hiding in their lunch box I decided to make Eggless Red Velvet Brownies as a special treat to celebrate my love ones.
You might know this already, but we’re a family of chocolate lovers. All of us. No exceptions. Chocolate is our go to. For us, there is no such thing as too much chocolate. I am sure you have heard that dark chocolate and spicy foods can lead the brain to release endorphins. So let’s eat chocolate, after all, chocolate helps to keep us sane.
These Eggless Red Velvet Brownies are somewhere between cakey and fudgy. And even though they are so decadent by themselves, topping them with White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting made these red cuties totally irresistible.
If you are looking for a last-minute Valentine’s recipe, I guarantee that everyone will love these.
Happy Baking, and Happy Valentine’s Day!! ????????????
- 1 ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 bottle (1oz) liquid red food color
- 1 fake egg (2 tablespoons of water + 2 teaspoon baking powder + 1 teaspoon oil)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
White Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a square baking pan (9x9 inch) with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and sugar together, in a large saucepan over medium heat, until sugar dissolves. Whisk in cocoa. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Whisk together, in a small mixing bowl, the ingredients for the fake egg (2 tablespoons of water + 2 teaspoon baking powder + 1 teaspoon oil). Add buttermilk, applesauce and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the cocoa mixture. Add flour; whisk to combine. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake brownies for 35 - 40 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting and cutting.
- Make the Frosting: beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Remove brownies from pan. Spread frosting over top of brownies. Garnish with white chocolate curls, if desired (see notes). Cut into 9 large squares and serve.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!