Kick-off the holiday baking season with these Eggless Shortbread Cookies! They are buttery, slightly sweet, and literally melt in your mouth. The dough is really easy to make and makes the perfect base for all kinds of delicious cookies.
The only thing I have seen everywhere in the last couple of days are cookies, cookies, and more cookies! So I couldn’t resist sharing with you my all-time FAVORITE cookie recipe: Eggless Shortbread Cookies!!! They are buttery, slightly sweet, and literally melt in your mouth. In other words… totally heavenly!!
Please tell me I’m not the only one who is seriously looking forward to Christmas cookies! I love baking cookies and this year I am planning to make tons of cookies. Can you tell I’m a sucker for cookies? But don’t panic! If you don’t have the time to make different types of cookies this recipe is the only one you’ll need. Just bake a big batch of shortbread cookies and make 3 or 4 variations.
The dough is really easy to make and makes the perfect base for all kind of delicious cookies. You can eat it as is or throw in some nuts, dried fruit, or extra spice. You can even make sandwich shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche, jam, or Nutella.
These are great presents for teachers and coworkers. I think it’s a very thoughtful gift that requires little effort, and will for sure warm their hearts and make a lasting impression. And since my kids love helping me to bake cookies (yeap… I make sure their hands are clean!!) that gives a special meaning to the edible gifts. They feel so proud as they walk through the door and say: I made these cookies for you!! Priceless.
BTW… what do you think of my moody images? Do you like them? I was hesitant to edit these pictures in this way because it’s so different from what I usually do. But I love to see this kind of photography on other blogs that I visit regularly, so thought I should give it a try at least one time.
Eggless Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup ( 210 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ( 20 g) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup ( 40 g) confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 10 1/2 tablespoons (147 g) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sift flour and cornstarch into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer for 5 – 7 minutes, or until fluffy and pale yellow. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour and cornstarch mixture and beat until dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180ºC). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter round cookie, cut as many cookies as possible from the dough. Place them on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Eggless Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Eggless Sugar Cookies
- The Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
- Venezuelan Polvorosas Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Eggless Peanut Butter Halloween Cookies
- Easy Palmiers Recipe (Elephant Ear Cookies or Palmeritas) (Video)
- Easy Eggless Vanilla Cookies
- Eggless Dulce de Leche Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
- more eggless cookies...
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
Eggless Baking Frequently Asked Questions
You’ve asked, and I’ve answered! Read on for a handful of answers to the most frequently asked questions about Eggless Baking.