Kick off the holiday baking season with these Eggless Shortbread Cookies! They are buttery, slightly sweet and literally melt in your mouth. The dough is really easy to make and makes the perfect base for all kind of delicious cookies.
The only thing I have seen everywhere in the last couples of days are cookies, cookies, and more cookies! So I couldn’t resist sharing with you my all-time FAVORITE cookie recipe: Eggless Shortbread Cookies!!! They are buttery, slightly sweet and literally melt in your mouth. In other words… totally heavenly!!
Please tell me I’m not the only one who is seriously looking forward to Christmas cookies! I love baking cookies and these year I am planning to make tons of cookies. Can you tell I’m a sucker for cookies? But don’t panic! If you don’t have the time to make different types of cookies this recipe is the only one you’ll need. Just bake a big batch of shortbread cookies and make 3 or 4 variations.
The dough is really easy to make and makes the perfect base for all kind of delicious cookies. You can eat it as is or throw in some nuts, dried fruit, or extra spice. You can even make sandwich shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche, jam, or Nutella.
These are a great present for teachers and coworkers. I think it’s a very thoughtful gift that require little effort, and will for sure warm their hearts and make a lasting impression. And since my kids love helping me to bake cookies (yeap… I make sure their hands are clean!!) that gives a special meaning to the edible gifts. They feel so proud as they walk through the door and say: I made these cookies for you!! Priceless.
BTW… what do you think of my moody images? Do you like them? I was hesitant to edit these pictures in this way because it’s so different from what I usually do. But I love to see this kind of photography on other blogs that I visit regularly, so thought I should give it a try at least one time.
Happy baking and … ¡Buen provecho!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar sifted
- 10 1/2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour and cornstarch into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer for 5 – 7 minutes, or until fluffy and and pale yellow. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour and cornstarch mixture and beat until dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a 2 inches round cookie cutter, cut as many rounds as possible from the dough. Place them on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, or until light golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy