These Eggless Sugar Donut Muffins are soft and fluffy and moist! They’re super easy to make and bake up in no time. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack, or even dessert.
This post has been sponsored by Folgers Coffee. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These Eggless Sugar Donut Muffins are so darn tasty.
Yes, you read right… donut muffins!
I made us donuts masquerading as muffins. Or muffins pretending they’re donuts. Either way, they are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.
These Eggless Sugar Donut Muffins are loaded with buttery flavors and a tenderness that melts in your mouth, while coated with irresistible cinnamon sugar on the outside.
A cup of coffee + an eggless sugar donut muffin = HEAVEN!!
I live for my coffee every morning, and sometimes, I go to bed just so I can wake up and drink my coffee again, crazy… right?
Which is why I am so excited to share with you the convenience and great taste of Folgers® K-Cup® Pods. Folgers is a trusted, familiar favorite that brings a comforting start to embrace all the day has to offer.
With Folgers K-Cup® Pods, there’s no measuring or filters. Just place your K-Cup® Pod in your single-cup brewer, and in less than a minute, you can enjoy one perfect cup of coffee.
My favorite is the rich and full-bodied Coffeehouse, which I buy at my local Food Lion store. Check out the Food Lion store locator to find a store near you.
One of the best parts about these eggless sugar donut muffins is that they are super easy to make! And unlike donuts, they’re baked and not fried.
You don’t need any special equipment for these decadent Eggless Sugar Donut Muffins.
If you have a mini muffin pan, you’re all set.
Eggless Sugar Donut Muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin. Or line with 12 paper or silicone muffin cups. Tip: lightly grease the liners with non-stick vegetable oil spray; this will ensure that they peel off the muffins nicely.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using).
- In a small bowl, add the buttermilk, oil, melted butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Please do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups nearly full.
- Bake the muffins for 20 - 25 minutes, or until they're a lightly golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 2 - 3 minutes before removing from pan.
For the topping:
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon (if using).
- In another small bowl, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
? When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!