Gluten and Egg Free Three Layers Peanut Butter Brownies – Fudgy brownies topped with a delicious peanut butter cream and bittersweet chocolate. You gotta try these!
Well… Christmas is over! The presents have been opened, and the end of this wonderful year is just a few days away. That makes me sad. I love December for many reasons. One of those reasons is that it’s the month of our wedding anniversary… Actually, today is our anniversary!!
My husband and I have been together for a really long time, 26 year to be exact; more than half of my life. We were just two kids when we fell in love. Nobody thought, back then, we’d make it. But here we are. We’re still together still going strong.
I’m SO blessed to be married to the Love of my life!
So today, we have many things to celebrate and what a better way to do it that with an obscene dose of chocolate. These three layers brownies are so chocolatey it’s ridiculous!
A few weeks ago, my friends at Krusteaz sent me fabulous packet filled with gluten-free goodies. I was so eager to try them that I used Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix to make the brownie layer in this recipe. Let me tell you that it turned out very moist and flavorful. The mix comes loaded with chocolate chip and it’s pretty convenient when you don’t have time to make brownies from scratch. Due to my daughter’s egg allergy, I substituted the egg, called for on the box, for a mix of cornstarch and water.
Please go make these delicious brownies as one last indulgence before your New Year’s resolution. And don’t forget to grab a glass of milk while you’re at it. They’re devilishly rich.
Gluten and Egg Free Three Layers Peanut Butter BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- Brownie Layer
- 1 box Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup water called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil called for on brownie mix box
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons – 4 heavy cream
- Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter I used cacao butter
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 8 x 8 baking pan, line with parchment paper and grease again. Make brownies as directed on box. Substitute 1 egg, called for on brownie mix box, for mixture of cornstarch and water. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat peanut butter layer ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate and butter and microwave uncovered in 30 second increments, stirring in between each heating. Stir until smooth. Let the mixture cool 10 minutes; spread over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cut into the desired size pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Krusteaz. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.