Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Salad Recipe – A flavor explosion for your mouth!
We are preparing to go on our summer vacation with the kids. My kitchen and my camera have not had a break in the past few days. I’m trying to leave everything ready so I can truly disconnect from the world. The truth its that my family needs time to enjoy without any distraction; without spending time on Facebook or Instagram, or having to think what I’ll cook next week.
Time passes so fast that sometimes we miss the really important things in life, and for me there is nothing more important than family.
This wonderful summer salad is substantial enough to fully satisfy the whole family. Certainly you can play with this recipe if you want, you can add another type or avocado.
- 3 cups store-bought roasted chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Honey Chipotle Barbecue sauce
- 8 oz . sour cream
- 2 oz . chopped green chiles 1/2 can
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 pita breads halved (optional)
- Lettuce optional
- In a large bowl add the chicken, barbecue sauce, sour cream, green chiles, corn, red onion, garlic, cheese, and spices. Toss well. Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Just before serving, fill pita bread halves with lettuce and chicken salad.