This Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Brick is delicious and easy to make! A perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving or Holiday celebration.
I still cannot believe Thanksgiving is the next week!
Even though I am very excited, I’m starting to feel the holidays stress. So many things to do and so little time. We went to the mall the past Sunday, and Santa was already there. That made me realize that I’m so far behind. I have not even begun to see the clothes my kids will wear for our Christmas photo. Not to mention that I’d love to lose 10 lbs before the picture is taken…. hahaha. Yeap, I’m a dreamer!
I’m trying to focus on one thing at a time. So today we are going to talk about delicious party food.
YAY! Even better… HOT party food. Double YAY!
This Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Brick is a real crowd-pleaser!
Back home, this appetizer is always present at every party. If I don’t see it on the finger food table, I think: What is wrong with these people? I’m totally kidding (but not really).
This time I added a kick to my original recipe with a few dashes of Tabasco. I’m happy to say that this flavor combination worked out wonderfully… Sweet, sour, and hot is a real fiesta in your mouth! Of course, the level of heat can be adjusted to your personal taste. I just added enough to intensify the flavors without making my guests cry or sweat.
If you want to serve this delicious appetizer more sophisticatedly, bake a few mini tartlets … they are to die for!
I didn’t add pectin. Please don’t underestimate the power of simmering and time. This jelly is just perfect, and this is the traditional way we prepare it in Venezuela.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can prepare the jelly days in advance so your work can be cut down on the day of the event. Simply jar the jelly and store it in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. I seriously doubt it is going to last that long. Once you try it, you’ll never buy the store-bought version again.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Mushroom French Goat Cheese Mini Empanadas
- Cheesy Taco Dip with Garlic Pretzels Dippers
- Corn and Green Chile Dip
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Crab Dip
- Teriyaki Garlic Mushrooms
Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Brick
- Combine all ingredients less the cream cheese in a medium saucepan. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture has reduced by half and thicken, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Pour hot pepper jelly over the cream cheese brick and serve with crackers or mini tartlets.
- If not using immediately pour the mixture into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.