This may sound a bit obvious!
But, I swear that the first time I prepared quinoa I had to investigate how to cook it since this was totally new to me.
It is also obvious, that I’ve become a bit obsessed with quinoa. This is because quinoa has a high content of protein and fiber, which is fantastic, since it makes me feel satisfied and full for a longer time. Plus, it is low in calories! Only 222 cal. per 1 cup cooked quinoa.
I find quinoa very versatile! You can eat it plain, in salads, make croquettes, add it to your baby’s foods or you can even make desserts.
This is my favorite… Quinoa, Kale & Cheese Croquettes!!
I made this short video … I hope you find it useful!
Para ver el video en español haz click aquí
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Rinse quinoa under running water, rubbing them together with your fingers to ensure you wash off all the unpleasant-tasting coating. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. Then add the drained quinoa; stir and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. At first boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 min or until all the liquid has evaporated.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, use a fork to fluff it and serve.