This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
This Lasagna Zucchini Rolls recipe offers a lighter version of a classic Italian dish and comes together in less than 30 minutes. Believe me you don’t need to be vegetarian to enjoy this dish!
This is one of my all-time favorite lasagna recipes. It’s vegetarian and I promise you that you won’t miss the meat, or the pasta. Seriously. I love that this one is on the lighter side and it comes together REALLY fast.
I realize that I’ve posted several meatless recipes lately. Hopefully I’m not boring you! We really enjoy these kinds of recipes. They are not only an easy way to eat healthfully but to a great way tosave money too.
We really enjoy this kind of recipes. The kids love to help me to roll the zucchinis. They feel so proud! And then they eat the rolls without any complains. Plus, we had a good time in the kitchen. Win Win.
I’m always looking for cool tips and things that make my life easier so I used Ragú Sauce. It helped me to save time without sacrificing taste.
Ragú® is celebrating the magic of everyday meal time, and they’re not just talking great tasting recipes! Playing up the silly, rewarding, exasperating, crazy, lovable side of #Saucesome, create a spin on one of the eleven Ragú® classic recipes while also sharing what #Saucesome means to you and your family.
This is our #Saucesome moment!! What is yours?
You are going to love these lasagna zucchini rolls! They are creamy, cheesy and saucy. So let’s get rolling!
Happy Monday =)
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pecorino cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon ring finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic and tomato seasoning spice see notes
- Salt and black pepper to tastes
- 1 Jar Ragú® Chunchy Tomato Garlic and Onion Ragu (or your favorite Ragú® Sauce)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Cover a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut boths end of the zucchini. Carefully, slice lengthways into 1/4-inch slices (see notes). Lightly brush each slice with olive oil. Place on baking trays and roast for 5 – 8 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly brown. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400º F.
- Combine ricotta, pecorino, lemon ring, tarragon, basil, spices, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place Ragú® sauce into a 9x9 baking dish; evenly distribute the tomatoes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each slice of zucchini and roll to enclose. Place rolls over the Ragú® sauce and between the tomatoes. Drizzle with heavy cream and sprinkle Parmesan cheese, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Serve hot.
Don't slice the zucchini too thin or they will break when you try to roll them. I got about 5 slices from each zucchini, of course it will depend of the size if the zucchinis. I suggest buying zucchini that are long. Discard the two outer slices that are mainly skin.
Let the strips of zucchini cool down before you roll up.
For more recipes ideas visit Ragú Facebook page or Pinterest, or check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #Saucesome. Also visit www.RaguSweeps.com for a chance to win a weekly $1,000 prizes and the $12,000 Grand Prize towards a Saucesome kitchen makeover!