Spice Up Your Next Picnic with these Loaded Reina Pepiada Wraps! They’re ready in a breeze and make up the perfect quick summer meal with a Latin twist.
Chicken salad is a great go-to meal during the Summer because it requires little or no cooking since you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and just shred it up. Plus, you can make it ahead of time, which makes it perfect for picnics and potlucks. Everyone has their own version, and today I’m sharing my delicious, Venezuelan-inspired chicken salad wraps.
Let me tell you why I chose this name for the wraps. In Venezuela is very famous an Arepa filled with chicken, mayonnaise, onion, and avocado. This combination of flavors is known as Reina Pepiada, which translate to “Curvy Queen”. This arepa was named like that to honor a beauty queen back in the 50’s. Since is one of the most popular arepas around the world, I thought it would be a great idea to make a wrap with the same filling.
I wasn’t wrong because…
These Loaded Reina Pepiada Wraps are SUPER delicious!
I used Flatout flatbread to make these wraps. I seriously love Flatouts and I always have them on hand because it’s so easy to use them. They are perfect to throw together an easy and quick meal with anything you have. Every Flatout is a blank canvas; it’s a perfect partner to help people of all ages make healthier choices.
These have all the best parts of a Reina Pepiada Arepa – loaded with lettuce and tomato – wrapped up into one perfect meal!
Give your next picnic a Latin twist with these Loaded Reina Pepiada Wraps. They will make your picnic basket so happy!
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- teaspoon Black pepper to taste (I added about 1/4 )
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 4 Flatout flatbreads
- 4 leaves lettuce big lettuce
- 1 tomato finely sliced
- Add the avocado, onion, mayonnaise, and pepper into the bowl of your food processor and process until pureed and smooth.
- Mix, in a small bowl, 3/4 of the mayonnaise/avocado mixture with the shredded chicken, until well combine. Reserve.
- Spread Flatout flatbreads with mayo/avocado mixture. In center of wraps, place 1 lettuce leaf tomatoes slices, and shredded chicken. For each wrap roll tightly, ending seam side down.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Flatout. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.