This Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet is loaded with bacon, ham, chorizo, cheese, hash browns, and veggies! Prepare it the night before, refrigerate, then bake it up in the morning. The perfect savory breakfast for Father’s Day, holidays, or get-togethers with family and friends.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Weekend breakfasts are my husband’s favorite meals of the week! After a long week of cold cereal, toasts, and/or smoothies, he loves to wake up to this Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet. So, since Father’s Day is fast approaching, I thought it is a good time to share this amazingly tasty breakfast idea.
This Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet is the loaded version of a breakfast bake I have been making for years. I added 3 kinds of meat: bacon, ham, and chorizo, which is a meat lover’s paradise.
All of this delicious skillet comes together easily and quickly; most of it can even be prepped the night before so that all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven and bake.
Loaded with bacon, ham, chorizo, cheese, hash browns and veggies, this scrumptious Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet is way too easy not to put in your regular breakfast recipe rotation.
I used to think that to buy a high-quality bacon I had to go to my local butcher.
Wright® Brand Bacon is thick-cut to ensure a perfect bacon experience; it is also hand-selected and hand-trimmed, then 100% wood smoked over hickory chips for eight hours; packaged in a re-sealable bag for ease and convenience.
After 90 years, the Wright Brand Bacon tradition of making bacon with care is still part of the family, passed down through generations to the family members working there today.
The best part is that you can buy this delicious bacon at your local Walmart. Make sure to take advantage of this Ibotta offer to save money.
My husband, and my whole family really, is truly a bacon enthusiast. So on top of loading this breakfast meal with bacon, I also bake some whole strips to serve with the egg bake.
HOW TO COOK PERFECT AND CRISP BACON IN THE OVEN?
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy cleaning later.
- Place a metal cooling rack set over the baking sheet.
- Lay the bacon on the baking sheet(s) in a single layer. The bacon can be close together, but don’t let it overlap or the bacon will stick during cooking.
- Bake until the bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust baking time depending on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE THIS MEAT LOVERS BREAKFAST SKILLET:
- Make the Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet the night before. Store covered in the refrigerator and bake in the morning.
- Adjust the quantity of each meat to your family’s taste.
- Add as many veggies as you like. Some delicious ideas: sliced mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, chopped spinach, and cherry tomatoes.
- You can also bake this recipe in a regular baking pan, just make sure to spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray before pouring the egg mixture. You can even divide the egg mixture into a muffin pan to make individual portions.
- This is a great recipe if you are into meal prep. Prepare as indicated and cut into small portions for each day of the week. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Re-heat in the microwave for 20 -30 seconds when you’re ready to eat!
This Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet is the perfect way to start your day off.
Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet
- 1 lb Wright Brand Naturally Smoked Hickory Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces + more whole bacon strips to serve.
- 6 oz ham, diced
- 6 oz cured chorizo, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (I used red and green)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen hash brown, unthawed
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate and reserve.
- In the same skillet add the ham and chorizo and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until lightly brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, and green onion to the pan drippings in the same skillet; sauté until vegetables are fragrant and soft, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly and whisk in the milk. Add salt and black pepper. Stir in the cheese, frozen hash brown, the bacon, ham, chorizo and vegetables. Pour the mixture into the skillet. Cover skillet with foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or the eggs are cooked through and set. Uncover and cook for 3- 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve immediately with more whole bacon strips, if desired.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!