These Mushroom French Goat Cheese Mini Empanadas are simple and delicious! Fancy yet no-fuss. They’re the perfect little appetizer for any celebration.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Goat Cheeses of France. All opinions are entirely my own.
The holidays are around the corner and if you are anything like me I know that your To-Do List will be overloaded. So, I decided that it’s time to start sharing easy finger foods, like these Mushroom Goat Cheese Mini Empanadas.
They look and sound super impressive, but I promise you, they’re simple to put together.
Bursting with flavorful mushrooms, onions, garlic and French goat cheese, these Mini Empanadas makes a mouthwatering appetizer perfect for any celebration.
They’re salty, creamy, and crispy all in one bite.
I’ve made MANY batches of empanadas in my life. In this case, I decided to incorporate a little extra flavor: French goat cheese. To be exact, President Palet de Chèvre, which BTW was an excellent idea on my part (sorry, I might be biased, but it was a GREAT idea).
I have declared myself a cheese lover – I really LOVE cheese!!
And this President Palet de Chèvre is heaven for me.
It’s creamy, and unlike fresh goat cheese is not tangy at all. It has a rich and mild flavor, and the rind is soft. Sooo good. I am totally addicted!
The combo of ingredients I went with is straight-up magical.
Total flavor and texture perfection.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER RECIPES?
- Mini Spicy Pork Chorizo Empanadas
- Easy Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Avocado
- Prosciutto Melon Skewers
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Crab Dip
- Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Brick
Pass a big plate of these around at your next gathering and see them disappear in a flash.
Mushroom French Goat Cheese Mini Empanadas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste (I added 1 teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 2 President Palet de Chèvre French goat cheese (120 gr each), cut into little pieces (see notes)
- Heat oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms cook until they tender and start to turn golden and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley and mix to combine. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil. Set aside.
- Lightly brush edges of one wrapper with water. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of mushroom mixture in center of a wrapper and top it with one small piece of President Palet de Chèvre. Fold wrapper over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Arrange empanadas on prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of empanadas with oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes on top rack of oven until crisp and lightly brown. You might need to bake these in batches. Each large baking sheet holds up to 12 – 15 empanadas.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!