Disclosure: I received compensation and information and/or free product from The Hershey Company and/or Collective Bias. All opinions expressed within are my own. #AnySnackPerfect #CollectiveBias
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mini Empanadas – Take your taste buds to a sweet and nutty ride with this scrumptious snack.
There is nothing quite like a homemade empanada straight from the oven: the warm and flaky dough, the soft sweet and nutty filling, with a delicate tart touch from the strawberries is a delight in the mouth.
As you can see … I love empanadas! I for one can’t imagine my life without them.
Due to the love I feel for empanadas I decided to prepare a special snack for my kids. I used the new Reese’s Spreads as filling. This super delicious spread is a perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavors. You’re going to love it. Spread it on toast, waffles, apples and bananas, pretzels, or vanilla wafers … the possibilities are endless!
The thing with empanadas is they are so so so versatile. You can pretty much put anything in it. Most of us are familiar with the salty and savory type but empanadas can also satisfy your sweet tooth and be a convenient and easy snack, especially if you make this mini version.
For an extra kick I added strawberries! You can certainly add any fruit you like, such banana, blueberries, etc.
I made a big batch with the hope to save some for other days, but they didn’t last!
The best part was that the kids loved them. They even declared them the best snack “EVER” hahaha. Of course, it is the best! With peanut butter and chocolate you cannot go wrong.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mini EmpanadasPrint Pin Rate
- 2 sheets of puff pastry thawed
- Flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of Reese’s Spreads
- 1 cup of straberries sliced
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with flour. Roll out the puff pastry carefully. Poke the dough all over with a fork.
- Using a cookie cutter cut 3-inch rounds from the puff pastry. I got about 10 rounds out of each sheet.
- Brush the rounds edges of dough with milk.
- Add a teaspoon of Reese’s Spreads in the middle of each round. Place a slice of strawberry on top of the spread.
- Fold and crimp the edges of each pastry with a fork.
- Transfer empanadas to prepared baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to apply milk to the tops of the hand pies.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
- Remove pan from oven and allow pies to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with some confectioner's sugar, if desired, and enjoy!
Start enjoying an authentic Reese’s experience in a new and enticing way so the next time you go to Walmart don’t forget to grab a jar, or two. REESE’S Spreads will be hosting some demos at select Walmart store and attendants will get to sample the paired with apples. Check out the list here.