Make this Penne with Sausage and Spicy Cream Tomato Sauce recipe tonight! It’s simple to prepare and super delicious. A family-pleasing dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
This Penne with Sausage and Spicy Cream Tomato Sauce recipe is simple to prepare and super delicious.
Don’t we all love a good pasta recipe? I know my family does! Plus, we could all use a few more easy and delicious dinner ideas in our lives… am I right?
Well, this recipe fits the bill since it’s not only super easy to make but also amazingly delicious. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner, you can have this ready in less than 30 minutes!!
This recipe is comforting! The sausage gives the dish meatiness and just a bit of spiciness. The sauce is creamy and tangy … just perfection!
There’s no bad time for a luscious bowl of mouthwatering Penne with Sausage and Spicy Cream Tomato Sauce so go ahead and jazz up your dinner tonight!!!
Easy Pasta Dinner Recipe
I usually don’t cook pasta more than once per week, but when I do I like to try new ways to serve it. This time I decided to I crank things up a notch by adding Bob Evans Original Sausage. At first, I was a bit hesitant to add it because, as you know, my kids are super picky eaters. Any change of color, or texture, in their food, turns on the alarms and they shoot their mouths immediately. Thank goodness, that didn’t happen this time. They loved the “creamy pasta” – as they named it.
Spicy Pasta Dinner
I use a pinch of red pepper flakes in the sauce to give it a little “zing“– nothing overwhelming! You can add more or leave it out entirely depending on your family’s spice tolerance.
Looking for more sausage recipes?
- Easy Sausage and Bean Quinoa Bowl
- Easy Sausage and Veggies Foil Packets with Grilled Chipotle Mangoes
- Easy Sausage and Peppers Rice Skillet
- Turkey Sausage Alfredo Lasagna [VIDEO]
- Sausage and Potato Breakfast Tacos
Penne with Sausage and Spicy Cream Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Bob Evan Original Sausage Roll
- 2 cans ( 8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped for serving (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Add Bob Evans sausage roll; cook and crumble the sausage until no longer pink.
- Add in the tomatoes and hot red pepper flakes; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the heavy cream and butter; stir to combine.
- Add the drained pasta into the sauce and toss to combine. Bring the sauce and pasta to a boil, stirring to coat the pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle on the basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Bob Evans. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.
Recipe originally posted April 2016, some edits made in April 2019.