This Piquillo Pepper Preserve has the perfect balance of flavors! It’s sweet, tangy and exquisite.
Piquillo Pepper Preserve Recipe
This combination might sound unusual at first…but it is delicious! The perfect balance of peppers, mixed with the acid from the vinegar and the sweet makes it just exquisite.
Back home, it is very common to see this jam as an appetizer at parties. Typically, served with cheese and some crackers or bread.
I know many of you are preparing for the big game. Looking for to easy and delicious recipes to delight your guests. I promise you that this will be a big hit. Best of all… you can prepare it in advance!
Here you have 3 ideas on how to serve Piquillo Pepper Preserve:
- The sophisticated way: In an oven-proof dish, place a camembert cheese wheel, add the preserve on top and bake for 3 -5 minutes; just to soften the cheese a little. Serve with crackers or bread.
- The easy way: In a serving dish, place a 8 oz cream cheese bar, add the pepper preserve on top, and serve with crackers or bread. This one is my favorite!
- The stress-free way: put it in a nice bowl with some crackers or bread. Serve with different types of cheeses around. I usually use camembert, goat and blue cheese.
I stored the pepper preserve in a jar with a lid that I had on hand. It can last up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator… but it never lasts more than one week in my home!
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 18 oz whole piquillo pepper (about 1 1/2 cans of 12.52 oz each)
- 3 oz water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until everything is well incorporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper mixture to a medium pot over medium-low heat and cook for 35-40 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat when the mixture resembles a jam texture. Allow to cool and transfer into jars.
You can find the piquillo peppers here.
Slightly Adapted from Recetas de Mamá
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!