Finally, I found the time to sit down and write a little. The past few weeks have been quite busy. The first thing I want to say is that I had the pleasure of attending BlogHer Food 13. I loved! I got super-inspired. Very interesting and educational sessions. The event was very well planned. Exquisite food … what else I can say? If you ever have the opportunity to attend please do.
And as usual, time flies. Father’s day came and went … and I’m still here thinking where the heck the first half of the year went! LOL. I just hope that the next three weeks fly also because we’re going on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N.S next month. I cannot honestly wait. After slaving for 2 years without a break we’ve decided to unplug a little bit. It will be the first plane ride for Matthew and Vicky so I’m a little nervous.
Anyway back to business … The recipe!
When I was planning breakfast’s menu for my husband I knew we had to have something with potatoes … Everyone at home is potato lovers. So I decided to prepare this easy and delicious recipe. It has become one of our favorite side dishes. On this occasion, I served it for breakfast with an egg bake but other times I have made it to accompany a main dish for lunch or dinner.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl.
- Into a small bowl mix with a fork the eggs and flour until you see no lumps.
- Add to the hash browns the onion, milk, eggs and flour mixture, mozzarella, salt, garlic and peper. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.