This Roasted Cranberry Margarita is a delightfully festive cocktail for the holidays! Roasted Cranberries, Tequila, Cointreau, and lemon juice are the perfect combination to get your holidays off right!
Roasted Cranberry Margarita Recipe
Who says that Margaritas are just for summer? NO NO NO …. Don’t believe that!! Margaritas are delicious and refreshing all year round, and this Roasted Cranberry Margarita is the perfect winter version that is both festive and delightful.
The holidays are around the corner and I am sure you are counting your blessings today, and like me, all your preparations for the big day must be in full swing. For this reason, I wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all my readers. I’m always amazed when I hear from you. THANK YOU for making my recipes, leaving precious comments, sending heartwarming emails, and making me love my job.
Since I am so grateful for you all, and can’t hug you in person, I’ll share my favorite holiday drink: Roasted Cranberry Margaritas, which I think you will be way happier about.
This Roasted Cranberry Margarita is delicious and makes any gathering superbly festive. Roasted Cranberries, Tequila, Cointreau, and lemon juice are the perfect combination to get your holidays off to a merry start!
The luscious roasted cranberry syrup provides an amazingly sweet and tart flavor. It may sound like a lot of work, but it’s really super simple to make.
How to Make Cranberry Syrup
Just toss the cranberries in some sugar, and fresh lime zest and throw in the oven. Bake them until they are juicy and tender. Process in a food processor with some more sugar and hot water, and then strain it…Voila!
PRO TIP: These little cranberries will release juices while roasting, which combined with the sugar it can be a potential sticky mess. So don’t forget to line the baking sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper, for fast and easy cleanup. I hate scraping and scrubbing pans. Plus, the parchment paper will help cranberries to slide off easily.
What Do You Need to Make Cranberry Syrup
You will need:
- Fresh cranberries
What to Make with Cranberry Syrup
This recipe makes around 2 cups of syrup so I will be able to make all kind of cocktail, such as:
The possibilities are endless.
How to Make Cranberry Margaritas
- Make the cranberry syrup
- Combine the tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and roasted cranberry syrup, and ice in a large pitcher; stir.
- Add more fresh cranberries and sliced lime, if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for More Cocktail Ideas?
If you’ve got a crowd, be prepared for this to disappear fast!
Roasted Cranberry Margarita
Roasted Cranberry Syrup:
- 12 oz (340 g)fresh cranberries
- 2¼ cup (450 g) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups (480 ml) hot water
- Lime zest from one lime
For the Margaritas:
- 2 cups (480 ml) Tequila
- 8 oz (240 ml) Cointreau
- 2 cups (480 ml) lime fresh juice (see notes)
- 8 - 10 oz (240-300 ml)roasted cranberry syrup (see notes)
- Fresh cranberries to garnish (optional)
- Fresh lime slices to garnish
- Ice to taste
Make the roasted cranberry syrup:
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheet with Reynolds parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the cranberries, ¼ cup sugar, and lime zest. Toss to coat. Spread the cranberries over the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cranberries start to break down and tender. Remove from the oven.
- Place roasted cranberries, 2 cups of sugar, and hot water in a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate. Cranberry syrup will keep for up to 2 weeks stored in a glass container in the refrigerator.
Make the margaritas:
- Combine the tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and roasted cranberry syrup, and ice in a large pitcher; stir. Add more fresh cranberries and sliced lime, if desired.
- Serve to your guests and enjoy.
Looking for more cocktail ideas?★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Please note that nutritional information is a rough estimate and it can vary depending on the products used.