This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
This delicious Roasted Pepperoni Veggies Naan with Avocado Tzatziki is simple to put together, with make- ahead convenience to save time without sacrificing flavor.
I’m very into naan bread lately. If you’re not familiar naan is slightly puffy Indian-style flatbread. It’s super delicious and flavorful. My favorite is garlic naan. What I like most is that I can use it in many ways, as a crust for quick pizza, or to make panninis, or wraps, etc… It’s very versatile!
I love to use it to make me a delicious midday meal. I just need a piece of naan and few veggies and BAM! I’m ready to continue my day. Who doesn’t love a simple, quick meal?
This time I roasted some veggies, chickpeas and Hormel mini pepperoni to fill my naan… the result was amazing! Adding pepperoni to these veggies was a big success. A little bit spicy, a little bit salty but not overwhelmingly.
This is the kind of food I could eat everyday! It’s not fussy, it’s simple to make, and it tastes delicious.
Also, feel free to play around with the vegetables. Like most of my recipes, this one is highly customizable. I used eggplant and green peppers, but summer squash, cauliflower, broccoli, or different pepper varieties would all make great additions.
Oh my… that Avocado Tzatziki!! Do not for get that sauce. Love it! Too good. I just took 1 cup of regular Tzatziki sauce and blended it with 1 small avocado. Heavenly!
Other than roasting- this meal comes together quickly and can easily be packed up for a lunch on-the-go. Take advantage of your energy during the weekend and roast the veggies, store in the refrigerator, then all you have to do is heat it. What luxury.
Until next time…. Enjoy!!!
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant cut into small cubes (about 1 inch)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained, 14-
- 1 1/2 cup green pepper cut into small pieces (about 1 inch)
- 1 1/2 cup Hormel mini pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Avocado Tzatziki:
- 1 1/2 cups of plain greek yogurt I use 2%
- 1/2 cup hot house cucumber cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dill dry or fresh
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pieces avocado peeled and cut into small
- Put the eggplant pieces in a large colander and sprinkle all over with the kosher salt. Set in the sink to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Put a baking sheet in the oven to heat for 10 minutes.
- Rinse chickpeas and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl mix chickpeas, eggplants, peppers, pepperoni, cayenne pepper, paprika and olive oil.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Arrange vegetables mixture in a single layer on baking sheet.Roast for 15-20 minutes, stir, and roast for an additional 10 minutes. The chickpeas and eggplants should be golden brown.
- Avocado Tzatziki: While the veggies are roasting, puree the avocado Tzatziki ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
- Assembly: Add roasted vegetables over a naan bread. Top with arugula and avocado Tzatziki.