These easy to make and incredibly delicious Sausage and Potato Breakfast Tacos are the perfect way to kick start your weekend!
Today sounds like the perfect day to share a new and totally delicious breakfast idea with you! I’m a big fan of breakfast but I normally don’t eat a big breakfast during the week, just because I’m busy running around. The situation is not much different during the weekend, I’m still running around, but at least I have a little more time to spare in the mornings. So on the weekends, I’ll make sure to cook a special breakfast.
As many of you know our egg consumption has dropped to almost zero since our younger daughter was diagnosed with egg allergy. But there are some special days, as my husband’s birthday or Father’s Day, which I make an exception, especially because my husband loves fried eggs. Of course, I take all possible precautions so that my daughter is not affected. In fact, she eats the same tacos just without the egg on top.
These tacos are incredibly delicious, total comfort food! They are completely hearty and filling. Plus, they’re very versatile. You can most definitely add bacon, more cheese, or substitute the fried egg for scramble eggs, or not egg at all.
Have a great weekend!
Sausage and Potato Breakfast Tacos
- 1 Bob Evans Zesty Hot Roll Sausage
- 2 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen Bob Evans Diced Home Fries slightly thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh salsa optional
- 1/2 cup queso fresco crumble
- 4 fried eggs to your liking
- Avocado sliced (optional)
- leaves Cilantro chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges optional
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; crumble and cook sausage for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through and browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add oil to the same skillet and let it heat slightly over medium heat. Evenly distribute potatoes in skillet; cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown and potatoes. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Return sausage to skillet and stir until combine. Keep it warm.
- Warm tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with equal amounts of the sausage-potato mixture. Add salsa and sprinkle with the cheese. Add a fried egg on top, sliced avocado, and salsa, if using.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Bob Evans. However, all opinions expressed are my own as always. Thank you, though, for supporting them and the other brands which help make this site possible.