Who says Mac & Cheese is only for children?
At home we all love Mac and Cheese… from the biggest to the smallest! And you will love this Seafood Mac and Cheese recipe.
The truth is that with such a hectic life the things we need to do easier. Coming home after a long day and having to prepare a complicated dinner is something I do not usually do. We have always been accustomed to an easy dinner preparation and simple things. We are often satisfied with a few sandwiches or arepas. I sometimes prepared meals a just a little more elaborate like the recipe I’m going to share with you today.
And since the soccer World Cup is about to start I have to prepare more recipes like this: easy and quick! My husband has already invited a few friends over to watch the opening match, and since this recipe is so yummy, simple and also it was a success, I plan to prepare it for the opening day.
Both of my kids like Mac and Cheese, every time I go to Wal-Mart, I never forget to put a few boxes in my shopping cart. Of course I cannot miss Capri Sun juices … Did you know they now have a new packaging and new formula? YEEES! Now the bottom of the bag is transparent so you can see the inside.
Personally, I like to vary the food I give to my family so I try to do different things with the Mac and Cheese. I put spring vegetables, tuna, broccoli, chicken, mixed with meat sauce, etc … So they eat what they like and I feel good knowing what they are eating is a little bit more nutritious. This time prepared a Seafood Mac and Cheese!… Mmmm, it is really delicious.
I invite you to follow the hashtags#GolazoKraft and #CollectiveBias for more ideas on how to celebrate this sporty festivity with delicious recipes.
Mac and Cheese con MariscosPrint Pin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp
- 8 oz of natural crab meat
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of Mac & Cheese Family size original flavor
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese grated
- 1 cup green pees thawed
- In a medium size pan over medium heat add the oil. When the oil is slightly hot add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add shrimp and crab and sauté for 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked (when the shrimp are cooked and become a pink color). Season with seafood seasoning. Taste to see if you need more seasoning and add a little salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Spray with olive oil a baking dish 9x9 inch.
- Prepare Mac and Cheese according to package directions.
- When the Mac & Cheese is ready add half and half, butter, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Queso Fresco and green pees. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the seafood and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and add the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese evenly over the surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.