This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These delicious Skinny Stuffed Potato Skins are perfect! They are creamy, full of flavour and impossible to resist. Best part…they’re guilt-free!
As I had mentioned before, my weight has always been a roller coaster. Unfortunately, it has more ups than downs. Diets, fitness ups, fitness downs, weight loss, and of course, weight gain. Gah. One of the most frustrating parts of losing weight, at least for me, is giving up your favorite foods. I love to eat. I really enjoy it. But I understand that I need to drop the excess pounds now before it becomes a more difficult task.
Losing weight starts in the kitchen! And having delicious and easy to make recipes handy is essential. That is why I got so excited when alli® invited me to test some of their recipes.
Look at these mouth watering Stuffed Potato Skins!!
These were so delicious that even my husband, who dislikes everything and anything “healthy”, devoured them. Honestly, I don’t blame him. These potato skins are very difficult to resist. They are made with cheese, cheese, and more cheese. Only 127 calories per serving… can you believe it? It doesn’t get any better than this!
alli® has a page called Recipes for Success, which has dozens of recipes to help people like me achieve the best results from taking alli®. They have a wide array of recipes, from breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner. I’m sure you will find something that fits your taste.
The stuffing for these potato skins has mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan cheese. I told you… cheese lover’s heaven! In addition to that it also has sour cream, garlic powder and green onions. And as if that wasn’t enough, they are finished with a sprinkle of paprika for a final fiery zing.
The preparation couldn’t be easier! The original recipe uses only the microwave, but if you have some extra time I suggest using the regular oven to gratin the potato skin (step 6). It does not change the taste at all, but I found out that using the oven gives the stuffing a better and smoother texture.
Skinny Stuffed Potato SkinsPrint Pin Rate
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Wash the potatoes under cold running water and pierce with a fork. Place them in a microwave so they don't touch. Bake the potatoes in the microwave until done, about 20 minutes. The potatoes are done when they pierce easily with a fork.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Reserve skins.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except paprika) to the bowl and mix well.
- Scoop the cheese stuffing into the potato skins.
- Place the potatoes on a glass plate and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Cover with plastic wrap and reheat in the microwave for about 8 minutes (see notes)
- Serve hot.