These Spicy Fish Tacos are quick and easy to prepare. They’re delicious enough for a weeknight dinner and tasty enough to please everyone! This recipe is simple, yet so delicious!
Have you heard about Taco Tuesday? Well, today I am all about Taco Thursday!
This week has flown by. Can you believe Halloween is around the corner? Today we received the kid’s customs. They got to pick their own costume this year. Matthew is going to be Luke Skywalker. I’m sure the only thing he liked about this costume was the lightsaber, hahaha. I can already see him running after Vicky with the lightsaber, while she screams like crazy. They are always bickering with each other, but can’t be apart. You know siblings business.
Anyways… Let’s talk tacos!!!
I decided to take a break from my all-thing-fall obsession to share with you this recipe that happens to be my lunch/dinner several times a month. Doesn’t matter if it’s summer, fall, spring or winter. These tacos are good anytime. Believe me.
I admit it…I’m such a sucker for fish tacos! So instead of moping around, craving fish tacos every other day of the week, I make them at home.
They’re so good. I personally prefer the fish grilled. It’s healthier and you can really taste the fish instead of a greasy batter. This fish is good to eat just on its own, but wrapped in a warm corn tortilla, with all the other fresh ingredients and a touch of insanely delicious Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise; well… it’s just delicious!
?When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
Spicy Fish Tacos
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb fresh mahi-mahi fillets. You could use any other white fish in this recipe like tilapia or cod.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 - 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/2 cup spicy cilantro and lemon mayonnaise (optional)
- In a small bowl mix the salt, peppers, garlic, cumin and paprika. Reserve.
- Cut the fish fillets into strips, about 1 inch thick.
- Season the fish with the mixture of salt and species (be generous).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 2 -3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked.
- Heat the tortillas: Place the tortillas in a clean skillet over medium heat and cook them for about 30 seconds on each side. Or to save time place 4 tortillas on a microwavable plate and wrap them with a damp paper towel. Microwave in 30-second bursts until they are warmed through. Repeat in batches of 4 tortillas until all your tortillas are warm.
- Place two strips of fish on each tortilla. Add coleslaw to your liking and spicy cilantro and lemon mayonnaise, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
The Ultimate Guide to Eggless Baking!
Includes more than 70 easy-to-make recipes along with full-color photos, detailed instructions, and helpful tips for spectacular results.Order Now!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!