This Spicy Salsa Margarita is boozy, refreshing, citrusy and totally irresistible! This cocktail taste like the perfect combination of a bloody mary and a margarita, all in one sip. Made with fresh salsa, tequila, agave and lime, this delicious and different cocktail will knock your guests’ socks off!
Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo Fiesta? If you are looking for a cocktail to WOW your guests look no further, because today I am sharing my husband’s signature cocktail: Spicy Salsa Margarita!!!
If you thought that the salsa was just to eat with chips…you are very wrong! Now, you can use salsa to make margaritas.
This Spicy Salsa Margarita cocktail taste like a combination of a bloody mary and a margarita. So if you love these two you will LOVE this Spicy Salsa Margarita.
The first time my husband made this cocktail I was a little doubtful. I mean, salsa is supposed to be served with chips, never in my mind, I wouldn’t think about using it to make cocktails, right? So when I took my first sip, I was like ….hmmm, interesting!! After a minute or so, I felt the need to take another sip, and another, and another…anyway, in a few words: It’s DELICIOUS!
This Spicy Salsa Margarita is spicy, citrusy, refreshing and totally irresistible! And sooo easy to make.
What is a Spicy Salsa Margarita?
Spicy Salsa Margarita is cocktail made with fresh salsa, tequila, agave and lime, this delicious and different cocktail taste like a combination of bloody mary and margarita.
How to make Spicy Salsa Margarita?
Mix in a blender 1 cup of fresh salsa, ½ cup fresh lime juice, 4 oz tequila, and 4 oz nectar agave until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Fill up each glass about half full with ice, then pour the margaritas over the ice and serve in sugar-rimmed glasses immediately. Garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired.
How to Rim a Glass for Cocktails?
Place sugar, or salt, on a plate or shallow bowl. Run a lime wedge around the top of each glass. Then dip the top of the glass upside-down in a plate of sugar or salt.
Looking for more Cocktail recipes?
- Apple Firebeer Cocktail
- Watermelon Summer Splash Cocktail
- Green Apple Sangria
- Pineapple Michelada
- Blood Orange Margarita
- Roasted Cranberry Margarita [Video]
Spicy Salsa Margarita
- 1 cup fresh salsa (I used fresh store-bought mild salsa)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 oz nectar agave
- Sugar to rim the glasses (optional)
- Jalapeno slices to garnish (optional)
- Add salsa, lime juice, tequila, and nectar agave to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Let the mixture rest for about 3 minutes. Taste, and add extra tequila or agave if desired.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Fill up each glass about half full with ice, then pour the margaritas over the ice and serve in sugar-rimmed glasses immediately. Garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired.
📱When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running!