These easy homemade Swiss Cheese Rosemary Crackers are delicious and perfect pair with cheese. The dough comes together in minutes—and it’s freezer friendly.
Cheese Rosemary Crackers Recipe
Cheese platters are the most fun eats at all the parties!! They’re ideal for get-togethers throughout the year, but especially for holiday season, when our to-do list is humongous, and we really don’t have time to slave in the kitchen.
I also have to mention that cheese platters are perfect for date night with your special person. We, my husband and I, crave a good cheese board all the time, just for the 2 of us.
So, as you can see, we are kind of cheese freaks. We always, yes… always, have a wide variety of cheeses in our refrigerator. But guess what? I usually forget to buy crackers!!
And what is a cheese platter without crackers? We all know cheese and crackers is that couple that’s been married for years.
For every problem, there is a solution…Homemade Crackers!!
These Swiss Cheese Rosemary Crackers are super easy to make and versatile. The dough is mixed in about a minute. No kneading! No yeast!
You can add the flavors you like, from different types of cheeses to herbs and spices. I like to under-baked them and made crackers with a crisp-chewy texture, but if you prefer you can also over-baked them to make super-crispy crackers. The best part is they are freezer friendly so you can always have a batch waiting to be baked. These homemade crackers are best enjoyed straight out of the oven, or the next day.
Kaukauna® cheeses come in a variety of flavors and forms – Cups, Logs, & Balls. They’re delicious and easy entertaining solution made with 100% real cheddar. I was only supposed to pick two for this post, but I loved them so much that I couldn’t resist buying more.
For this particular batch, I used Swiss cheese, garlic and rosemary. I also added a touch of cayenne pepper and mustard to spice things up a little, but the kick is very subtle.
Surprise your guests with these Swiss Cheese Rosemary Crackers homemade crackers! Everyone will love their look and taste.
These easy homemade Swiss Cheese Rosemary Crackers are delicious and perfect pair with cheese. The dough comes together in minutes - and it’s freezer friendly.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, garlic, cayenne pepper, mustard and rosemary.
- Add butter and work in butter with fingers until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese; mix to combine.
- Stir milk into flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Shape each part into a log (2-inch-wide approx.) Wrap in plastic; freeze 1 hour or up to 2 months.
- To bake the crackers: Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the log into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; arrange on baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets once, until edges are golden, about 15 - 18 minutes. Transfer the baked crackers to a wire rack to cool completely. The crackers will crisp further as they cool.
Store the crackers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. If the crackers are a little old, you can reheat them to make them crispy again. Just lay them on a baking sheet and put them in a 350°F oven for a couple of minutes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InspireWithCheese #CollectiveBias