This Three Cheese Shrimp Beer Soup is a delicious and warming way to keep you cozy on chilly days. It’s warm, rich, and hearty. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
It’s absolutely frigid outside! The temperatures have dipped quite low for the past couple of days. But don’t panic!! I have the perfect soup to keep you nice and warm: Three Cheese Shrimp Beer Soup!! Nothing seems to warm me up when I’m cold, like a good bowl of hot soup.
This Three Cheese Shrimp Beer Soup is just divine!
I mean, it’s cheeses and booze in a slurp. Can you ask for something else?
Can you ask for something else?
Wait. It doesn’t sound like me. Besides an occasional glass of white wine, I am not really into alcohol. But when it comes to cooking, I think alcohol brings out the flavor in food.
I know this is not the classic Midwestern Beer-Cheese-Soup recipe. I just got super creative and threw in a bunch of different ingredients I had in my fridge. And because I LOVE cheese, I added three types: Cheddar, and Monterey.
A combination of flavors that will leave you wanting one more bowl!
You’re going to love this soup because:
- It is so simple to put together, but the flavor tastes like it took all day to make.
- It’s warm,
- rich, and
- The texture is fabulous, soft, and creamy, with no stringy blobs of cheddar in sight! But it’s important that the cheeses are at room temperature when you add them to the soup, so take them out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start making the soup.
This just takes about 25 minutes start-to-finish. Yep, you heard me! Only 25 minutes, so it perfect
Yep, you heard me! Only 25 minutes, so it perfect for weeknight dinner.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Slow Cooker Creamy Corn Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Beet and Leek Soup
- Easy Avocado Mexicali Soup
- Classic Onion Soup
Three Cheese Shrimp Beer Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 cups seafood stock (see notes)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz bottle beer (see notes)
- 1 cup frozen hash-brown potatoes, diced or shredded (I used shredded)
- 6 – 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed (see notes)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack with jalapenos, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Manchego, at room temperature
- Snipped fresh parsley o chives to garnish (optional)
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, green onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 – 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Add stock and continue stirring until incorporated and bubbly. Add beer and cream. Stir in potatoes and mix to combine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook for 2 – 3 minutes more, or until shrimp are opaque and pink.
- Gradually stir in cheeses in 3 batches, stirring after each addition, until cheeses are melted.
- If desired, garnish each serving with parsley or chive. Serve immediately.