Pasticho is the Venezuelan version of Lasagna. This Venezuelan Pasticho is creamy, cheesy, full of flavor and totally irresistible! Try it.
We’re just a couple of days away from spring but we had another snow day … This has been a long winter! We are so ready to see the trees blooming, temperatures rising, having picnics and going to the park. I think this will be a fun spring for us since the kids are older, which will allow us to do more activities.
Meanwhile, we keep cooking delicious things. In this occasion, I’d like to share my “Pasticho Venezolano” recipe.
Pasticho is the Venezuelan version of Lasagna. It is very creamy since it has bechamel sauce. YUM. This is a very popular dish back home. Each family has its own recipe – which is guarded jealously. In my opinion, the secret of good or Pasticho is meat sauce.
I remember how preparing Pasticho was a lot of work. I looked at it almost like a marathon. So, I cooked it only on special occasions.
Well, marathon NO MORE.
Now, I always have frozen meat sauce in the freezer and I also use pasta that requires no previous cooking. The bechamel sauce is made in 10 min so if you plan in advance you can have a delicious Pasticho without all the work.
Looking for more Venezuelan Recipes?
- Venezuelan Pabellon Bowl [Video]
- Venezuelan Pernil
- Easy No-Bake Venezuelan Bienmesabe
- Venezuelan Papitas de Leche
- Venezuelan Polvorosas Cookies
- 8 tablespoon of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 cups of milk, warm
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Prepare Bechamel sauce: In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. When butter has completely melted, add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps from forming. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue to simmer and whisk over medium heat until the sauce is thick, smooth and creamy, about 5 - 8 minutes. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of wooden spoon. Remove from heat and check for seasoning. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray with butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce into the bottom.
- Assemble Pasticho: Arrange the 3 pasta sheets side by side, covering the bottom of the baking dish. Evenly spread a layer of bolognese sauce, about 2 cups. Spread 1 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese on top. Arrange another 3 layer of pasta sheet, bolognese sauce, bechamel sauce and parmesan cheese. Repeat. Arrange the final layer of pasta sheets and top with remaining béchamel and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the lasagna dish with aluminum foil and place it on the baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes, or until top is bubbling and the pasta is tender. Remove cover and continue to bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese on top becomes golden.
- Let stand for 8- 10 minutes before serving.
????When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MommysHomeCooking. I’d love to see what you cook!