This delicious and fresh peppery Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette is super simple to make and perfectly balanced. Satisfied your salad cravings and say bye-bye to boring lettuce…watercress is here!!!
This is a sponsored recipe created by me on behalf of Reese Specially Foods®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette salad, you guys. It’s so simple yet so delicious.
I crave salads when the weather warms up, particularly super crisp and crunchy ones. I’ve said this before, I am not a salad kind of girl; I need things to be interesting. I need lots of ingredients and delicious dressings to keep me in it. And let me tell you… this Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette fit the bill.
Watercress Is one of my favorite warm-weather produce arrivals. It is my father’s favorite green. I can remember, like it was yesterday, my papa eating this kind of salad almost every day. But I have to confess that I didn’t get into the watercress train until I was probably in my mids-30s. The truth is that watercress isn’t the most common salad green, but its peppery bite makes it one of the most delicious, in my opinion.
This Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette both looks and tastes bright and refreshingly delicious! The flavors meld together beautifully with the sweet ‘n tangy vinaigrette.
This salad is a delicious way to get your greens and veggies protein.
Talking of veggies… have you ever tried heart of palm?
Hearts of palm is a vegetable harvested from the inner core and growing bud of certain palm trees. They are super common in Venezuela, where you can find them in almost every salad. They kind of taste like white asparagus. Light and refreshing. The texture is crisp without the ‘crunch’. You need to try them. They’re DELICIOUS. Plus, rich in potassium, vitamin C, and Non-GMO Project verified.
Reese Specially Foods® has a wide heart of palm varieties and other fine foods from across the globe. The best part is that the taste, quality, and affordability of all their products are just important to them as they are to us.
Everything gets coated in the vinaigrette of my dreams: Raspberry Vinaigrette!
Yes. So, so good.
This vinaigrette is so tangy and bright, and delicious; it makes me smile.
The ingredients can easily be chopped, prepared, and mixed up before serving. Perfect as light lunch or side dish for a weeknight dinner.
Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
For The Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used light tasting oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
For the Salad:
- 2 large bunches watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Reese® Sliced Hearts of Palm
- 1 cup Reese® Quartered Reese Artichoke Hearts
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- In a blender or food processor combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large platter or salad bowl add the watercress, tomatoes, onions, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and avocado.
- Add some of the dressing to your taste. Note that too much vinaigrette will make the salad heavy. I suggest 1-2 tablespoon of vinaigrette per serving.
- Serve immediately.